• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wis & UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Starting in Oct it looks like United will only be flying Dash 8's into ASE operated by Mesa. I'm sure they fill the BAe 146's up during Ski season, it's going to be interesting to see if Mesa will beef up the service to continue the current load factor during the winter.

BlackPilot628 said:
Starting in Oct it looks like United will only be flying Dash 8's into ASE operated by Mesa. I'm sure they fill the BAe 146's up during Ski season, it's going to be interesting to see if Mesa will beef up the service to continue the current load factor during the winter.

Where did you get that info from? The schedule for October still shows AWAC flights. November as well.....

I saw it on the United Schedule porgram that I downloaded. That's what it says.

BlackPilot628 said:
I saw it on the United Schedule porgram that I downloaded. That's what it says.

Strange.... maybe your program is outdated?? I just went to the United website and put in a couple of DEN-ASE flights for October and November. The good ole jurrasic jet was still on the schedule. The flight numbers that start with a 5 are awac. They are doing all of the evening flights.

146s through ski season. That much is definite.

A CRJ (of any kind) can't get slow enough to circle during the balked landing. Translation... when you do a last minute go around, you will hit the EARTH on the far side of the airport trying to do the 180 degree turn at the end of the valley.

The rumor:
UAL: "We want 4 or 5 146s indefinitely for the ASE market."
AWAC:"Its not profitable unless we do 10 aircraft."
Ual: "Give us a bid for 5 airplanes anyway."
AWAC: "Heres the bid, you'll notice its the same price as our bid for 10 aircraft"

Please tell me we're not going to have the same discussion about how someone is going to fly CRJ's into ASE. The bottom line is that if any other jet could do it, they would be. The BAC jets are old and tired but they can haul 80 people up and down the mountain and meet the performance criteria.

OK, perhaps I should have made it clearer. Jets that are currently operated by any of the Yonited Express carriers.

Smoked Toilet said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, the problem with Aspen is the speed, not a single engine issue. A 146 final/maneuvering speed is much lower than the CR7, and can make the circle requirements. That being said, the CR7 with the 900 engines on it performs absolutely no different; just lower mx costs.

Nice try though..

CL-600-2C10's were test flown out of ASE prior to certification. Granted, successful landings and take-offs were only accomplished at max load of 33 PAX. It can be done, it has been done, the orders already exist. No FLAME BAIT here but the order is on the table in Montreal.

People that fly into aspen don't want to go there in a prop. United knows this. AWAC is currently flying the 146 into aspen until April 2006...and longer if united extends it longer for those 5 - 10 airframes.

~wheelsup

Latest resources

Back