• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wis & UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not gonna happen. SkyWest has submitted an order to Bombardier for CRJ700's retrofitted with CF34 engines currently used on the 900. Heard its only 6 aircraft but will be solely denver based aircraft for Aspen flying.

pinkbush said:
Not gonna happen. SkyWest has submitted an order to Bombardier for CRJ700's retrofitted with CF34 engines currently used on the 900. Heard its only 6 aircraft but will be solely denver based aircraft for Aspen flying.

Let's hope not

pinkbush said:
All skywest -700 deliveries will have the -900 engines derated to -700 thrust. SkyWest will not be doing aspen flying unless it's in the EMB120

pinkbush said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, the problem with Aspen is the speed, not a single engine issue. A 146 final/maneuvering speed is much lower than the CR7, and can make the circle requirements. That being said, the CR7 with the 900 engines on it performs absolutely no different; just lower mx costs.

Nice try though..

Smoked Toilet said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, the problem with Aspen is the speed, not a single engine issue. A 146 final/maneuvering speed is much lower than the CR7, and can make the circle requirements. That being said, the CR7 with the 900 engines on it performs absolutely no different; just lower mx costs.

Nice try though..

You are 100% correct. The only way SkyWest gets ASE is if they buy a new fleet type. RJ's go to fast, the bro is too small. Maybe the ATR's???

Latest resources

Back