Air Vents -- CLOSED (FO, CA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

Could someone give me the 737 Flight Manual citation for closing the flight deck air vents during the postflight. Thanks.

Just trying to figure out why everytime I get on the plane both vents on both sides are closed. Plane's been sitting in the hot sun for an hour or more with ground air, but it's useless because all the vents are closed. Figured there must be a checklist somewhere I don't know about that says to close these before you leave the plane since they are always closed. I haven't gotten on a plane yet this summer where they are not. I guess what I'm saying is this: open the freakin vents before you leave the plane. Thanks.

It's right next to the part that says put the seat all the way up before you exit the aircraft.

It's right next to the part that says put the seat all the way up before you exit the aircraft.

. . . and after the section that says leave your nasty chew-spit cup on the flight deck.

This is not a matter to be discussed on FI, this is a matter you should bring up with your therapist
She told me I had to stop imagining that I was a pilot. It wasn't good for my long-term mental health. And besides, there was no future in it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back