• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Air Vents -- CLOSED (FO, CA)

densoo

Total Time
yes
Could someone give me the 737 Flight Manual citation for closing the flight deck air vents during the postflight. Thanks.

densoo

Total Time
yes
Just trying to figure out why everytime I get on the plane both vents on both sides are closed. Plane's been sitting in the hot sun for an hour or more with ground air, but it's useless because all the vents are closed. Figured there must be a checklist somewhere I don't know about that says to close these before you leave the plane since they are always closed. I haven't gotten on a plane yet this summer where they are not. I guess what I'm saying is this: open the freakin vents before you leave the plane. Thanks.

Dumb Pilot

Total Time
This is not a matter to be discussed on FI, this is a matter you should bring up with your therapist

NEDude

yada yada yada
Total Time
6000+
This is not a matter to be discussed on FI, this is a matter you should bring up with your therapist

Submit an ASAP report and then file a greivance. THEN come to FI with it.

T3700

Total Time
It's right next to the part that says put the seat all the way up before you exit the aircraft.

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
Total Time
6AM
It's right next to the part that says put the seat all the way up before you exit the aircraft.

. . . and after the section that says leave your nasty chew-spit cup on the flight deck.

densoo

Total Time
yes
She told me I had to stop imagining that I was a pilot. It wasn't good for my long-term mental health. And besides, there was no future in it.

Last edited:

wscrj

Arctic Humboldt
Total Time
10000+
densoo -- on target. I have wondered the same thing myself.

aa73

Total Time
Who in the ******************** uses ground air? That stuff is worthless. Run the APU and the packs, you will get max cooling that way. Stop subsidizing your company and its bonuses trying to save fuel all the time!

Empennage

Total Time
10k+
I'd like to second that with leaving the seat ALL THE WAY UP!!!

Just curious ... is a leprechaun flying the next leg of the flight?

crj567

Could someone give me the 737 Flight Manual citation for closing the flight deck air vents during the postflight. Thanks.

Right from Section 2-6.5:

Flight Deck Air Vents-----------------Whatever position strikes your fancy
(Not one soul possibly cares)

Tanker1497

Total Time
crj567....

You are a genius...I feel better every time I have the chance to read your pearls of wisdom.....NOT!

Get back to doing the flying that my company pays for your $SS to do!

BigPappa

Name is Mitch Buchannon
Total Time
Mucho!
Tanker,
While I agree about your first comment regarding crj567. The second portion of your comment is not as clear. Now do you mean the flying that "your company" pays YOU to do too? Just checking that's all.

Raoul Duke

Total Time
right after you left the crew room the other day, the rest of us all agreed to close the vents prior to handing off the aircraft because we all think you are a tool

densoo

Total Time
yes
right after you left the crew room the other day, the rest of us all agreed to close the vents prior to handing off the aircraft because we all think you are a tool
Yea, you're just like all the rest....
All the pilots were disloyal. They were always fighting me. If the crew wanted their shirt-tails out, they'd let them. Take the tow line ... defective equipment. But they began spreading wild rumours about flying in circles, - - and then "Old Yellowstain". I was to blame for Maryk's incompetence. Maryk was the perfect pilot, but not Queeg. But the strawberries, that's where I had them. I proved with geometric logic that a duplicate key to the icebox existed. I could have produced that key. They were protecting some pilot ... Naturally, I can only cover these things from memory. If I've left anything out, just ask me specific questions - - and I'll be glad to answer them one by one.
And I would have too, if they hadn't adjourned the court prematurely. Some kind of plot, I guess....

Last edited:

Captain X

Who is John Galt?
Total Time
Doing?
It's probably the same ******************************pumps who turn the engine bleed switches off.