• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIR TRANSPORT of the CAROLINAS (FLO)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This outfit has ANOTHER ad for a LINE pilot on jsfirm.com,they require absurd qualifications,refuse to say what the job pays,another example of the revolving door at this place!!!!! All pilots should avoid this place!! There are far better places to work than Air Transport of the Carolinas at FLO!!!!!!!(n)
I'm looking into this place as we speak. What is the best place to do more research on this operator? I'm considering responding to the ad, I am local to the area.

I wonder what they do-tough to make money with piston airplanes (especially twins!) unless you have a niche like Cape Air does...that kind of turnover makes me wonder-how regularly they write paychecks that clear?

I'm looking into this place as we speak. What is the best place to do more research on this operator? I'm considering responding to the ad, I am local to the area.
If I were you,KEEP LOOKING!!!!! Don't apply at this place!! You don't want to lose your FAA pilot certificates in a legal action,since you would be ORDERED to violate FAR's,safe operating practices,etc,etc,etc
You could also end up dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(n)(n)

Hey fella,at this place,its a case of the BLIND leading the SIGHTED,since upper mgmt types have NO FAA certificates,aviation training,knowledge,or experience!!!!!!

This place has been strangely quiet for the last few months,no adds on indeed.com or jsfirm.com for pilots or chief pilots,or Dir of Ops position! Either they have closed down completely,or those pilots working there have decided to stay for awhile until better opportunities come along,which they undoubtedly will in this economy!!!!!!!!

But...

Florence is home to the World's Largest Pecan Sheller-how could you pass on that opportunity?

And just ask anyone who has driven to Murder (formerly Myrtle) Beach through Florence-let's just say that since there is a seat belt law in SC, and given that the population is mostly right handed, those with valid CWP's might consider a cross-draw option as opposed to the usual IWB Strong Side carry while making that portion of the trip.

Florence is an old farming community with some failed industries and others struggling and it doesn't take much of a wrong turn to get into sketchy parts of town where others may not put as high a value on your existence as you do...

And as far as that goes it saddens me no end that MB is no longer the Family Friendly vacation spot that it was in years past. A campground just South of the downtown area had a flyer posted about keeping ice chests and coolers locked up because they were being stolen!

I got the "Murder Beach" moniker from a native of a little town South of MB who explained that when friends are in town visiting they get clear of MB before dark as the place has gone to the drug gangs and the cops-who used to squash any out of control behavior from fat, white, drunk golfers to riotous bikers and college students or whatever with enthusiasm given the family fun billing of the area they are now handcuffed by political correctness and other revolutionary, Anti-American movements...

It's been seven or eight years since my wife and I took off to Myrtle Beach and we had a hotel that we had been going to for 15 years. We had a lot of fun (and not quite all of it in the sack with the surf crashing outside the opened door to the balcony mind you, you dirty minded pilot types!) but the last time we were there it just had changed so much we've never gone back and that is really, really a sad commentary on the state of the Nation.

hell, for my two cents ya might as well go a bit farther and go to Destin or the Space Coast and send the MB Better Business Bureau a one finger salute indicating that they need to get their feces together and disposed of properly!

Last edited:
I used to do a sit there waiting for the bank couriers after dropping off DHL material early in the morning. The airport is kind of neat in the "wants to be more" way many bypassed rural places present but to me it was better when the boneyard/museum was still there!

Florence is home to Young's Pecans, the largest Pecan sheller in the World and they have some wonderful products. I don't know how they grade pecans but the ones they sell under their own logo carry two or three times the normal price and you can taste the difference...and a redeeming quality to the place.

I've gotten a good deal on diesel fuel there a time or two-50 to 70 cents a gallon off the I-95 price if you know the right place.

Beyond that, well, I normally only carry one spare mag for the 1911 but some places I may be inclined to opt up for two or three. I've never had a problem but certain places inspire a bit more awareness of one's surroundings than others. I can't say I ever spent the night in Florence and I can't say I ever saw a motel, hotel or restaurant that inspired any desire to kick back and sit a spell.

The revolving door has started again at this place!!! Another ad from indeed.com today for PIC on PT 135 PA-31 Chieftains(2).Pay ranges from $27.6k to $35K!!!!!!!!!! Another good reason why this place can't retain any pilots for very long!!!!!! The salary range is WAY below industry pay levels,plus the working conditions not good either!!!!!!!!!! They also mention that the PIC must must have a Citation type rating,and they are paying this low rate?????? Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

This place is more than likely a major tax-write off for the big company that owns them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)(n)

Latest resources

Back