• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the turboprop PIC is Part 121, you're golden ('cause that's where they said my buddy needed to be).

If not,,, I really don't know how they view that. You might go to AIR, Inc and ask. A lot of airlines are hiring right now, good for many others besides AAI as well.

I got 3 of my aviation jobs through AIR, Inc, so it was definitely worth it for me.

Good luck!

Did we have a breakdown in communication?

1,000 PIC Turbine Part 121 is a hard, stated requirement.

Over 10,000 applications on file from pilots who already meet these minimums.

200-300 pilot slots per year. MAYBE 10% of that for 8-12 months IF we acquire Midwest and get rid of their MD-80's.

You'd have to be engaged to JL, BF, or KG's daughter to score an interview without the stated mins when getting hired here is already very difficult odds.

Good luck,,,[/quot

Yes you had a breakdown. I had a buddy of mine interview at your nasty a$$ comany with 100 pic turbine. YES I SAID 100 hrs. He is nothing special. So stop telling everybody you need 1000 or 1300 or even 1500. Looks to me like all you need is a heartbeat.

Hey bravodude, your "buddy" must be thrilled to know how much you think of him. I'll raise the BS flag on his 100 pic turbine unless of course he lied on his application and claimed more time just to try and get an interview. I suppose there could be other extenuating circumstances that could get him an interview with less than the stated minimums but judging by the content of this and some of your other posts I would guess that you lack the character to actually have "buddies" of that caliber. By the way when your "buddy" goes to town and gets a BJ does he bring you one back?...I thought so.

USARET, do you have anything usefull to say on this board? All you do is bash others. If you work for AT, you sure must be a cool guy to fly with.....you proably brief I am real laid back....sure. Just because some people have other ways of getting the job, and you may of had a different way or chance, let it be. I guess you would not believe I had 1000 PIC turbojet in the civilian work with only 2500TT...call b.s, well it was true. Times have changed since WWII. Open your eyes. I was sitting in a jet with 200 hours and a commercial ticket. Things can happens.

USARET, do you have anything usefull to say on this board? All you do is bash others. If you work for AT, you sure must be a cool guy to fly with.....you proably brief I am real laid back....sure. Just because some people have other ways of getting the job, and you may of had a different way or chance, let it be. I guess you would not believe I had 1000 PIC turbojet in the civilian work with only 2500TT...call b.s, well it was true. Times have changed since WWII. Open your eyes. I was sitting in a jet with 200 hours and a commercial ticket. Things can happens.
Lighten up Francis! Your original response came off flippant and he probably jumped to some conclusions regarding your qualifications.
Bravoturd however was desperately in need of the smack down that my distinguished colleague provided her.

Are you drunk or do you always babble incoherently? I'm beginning to think your not being honest about working for SW. All the guy's I know at SW are really sharp and you just don't seem to fit that profile. Call me crazy but I think you're misrepresenting yourself here.

Just to clarify, I have not started work there yet. All I said is I accepted a job there. That is why I did not go to the AT interview. Yes, I tend to babble a bit. You bash everyone all the time. Your point is? Nothing misrepresenting here. I may not be the smartest....I never did well in writing class.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, I have not started work there yet. All I said is I accepted a job there. That is why I did not go to the AT interview. Yes, I tend to babble a bit. You bash everyone all the time. Your point is? Nothing misrepresenting here. I may not be the smartest....I never did well in writing class.

A job as a pilot?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back