• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Military are exceptions to the Part 121 PIC rule.

Haven't heard of any non-military people getting the interview without the PIC requirement.

I guess that could be it. It was this past summer. I never went to the interview to see how they react. I don't have any military PIC either so, who knows.

Did we have a breakdown in communication?

1,000 PIC Turbine Part 121 is a hard, stated requirement.

Over 10,000 applications on file from pilots who already meet these minimums.

200-300 pilot slots per year. MAYBE 10% of that for 8-12 months IF we acquire Midwest and get rid of their MD-80's.

You'd have to be engaged to JL, BF, or KG's daughter to score an interview without the stated mins when getting hired here is already very difficult odds.

Good luck,,,

Lear,
Check this out. Just checked the website and it states 500, not 1000, hours 121 PIC or military equivalent. The 1000 is ME Fixed Wing.
Take care
NA

I guess that could be it. It was this past summer. I never went to the interview to see how they react. I don't have any military PIC either so, who knows.

I know I'm going way out on a limb here but what probably happened is you showed up for the interview and had your a$$ handed to you along with your briefcase and then you were quickly shown the door.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back