Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran or CAL? haven't we been here before?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty Webb said:
Valujet was ten years ago . . . . and the "new" contract that made things good "for the last couple of years" was signed in 2001. The last DC9 was out of here when . . . hell, I can't even remember when, that's how long it's been.

Valuejet may have been over ten years ago but there is still Valuejet leftovers at your airline. I am sure it was these leftovers that was so hard up to find pilots that they were left with no choice but to hire you. Saaadddd.

Well,

I certainly had no intent on having this turn into a bash fest of either airline. We at Continental certainly have our share of "snazzy " dressers, and pilots who don't exactly have a strong union background to say the least.

That would be true of most airlines I think. I know of at least one pilot who was hired around the same time as I was who came from AirTran, and he suffered throught the furlough. He would have been much better off had he stayed at Airtran, it will be difficult to make up the difference in money lost vs what he would have made at AirTran.

Anyway, my friend will make up his own mind on what is right for him. He does not read aviation message boards, (I'm the loser who does that:) ). I was just interested in what other people would do given the same circumstances. It seems the preponderance would take the interview at CAL and the job if offered, which is what I would do.

Thanks

Many of those "Left Overs" are some of the finest people that I have ever flown with.

Last edited:
Lame Lizard said:
Valuejet may have been over ten years ago but there is still Valuejet leftovers at your airline. I am sure it was these leftovers that was so hard up to find pilots that they were left with no choice but to hire you. Saaadddd.

You're just bumming because they didn't hire you Chuckie, and you're stuck at Skyways . . . . why else would you make it your life's mission to hang out in AirTran strings?

It's pretty clear no one but you even finds your posts informative or amusing . . . . . so go cry into your Old Milwaukee's Best Light and don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

DBCOOPER said:
You weren't specific at all with that JetBlue comment. You mentioned nothing about financial performance or rising fares to back that up.
D Pooper,

I didn't HAVE to be specific, anyone with half a brain could have understood the inference. We ARE doing well and, at present, there is no reason to believe delivery deferral OR asset sale will occur. I'm sorry YOU misunderstood what I wrote, along with whatshisname.

I read and understood your post just fine. That was the only arrogant comment made....and it was. That's why someone else asked if it was your first airline job.
If you say so, I don't see a bunch of other people jumping on the bandwagon to jump my back about it, just you two.

As far as challenging (or bashing in your words) an employee.......and then having my app in with Valujet at the same time....YEA, your point is?
My point is it's hypocritical to bash the airline and its employees in one breath and then say you want to work there in your next.

Pick one.

Look, I have many friends over there.....they bash Valujet everyday. The simple fact of it is, the last few years have been good mainly due to alot of growth and quick upgrades, that won't last.
At current PLANNED deliveries, it will for at least the next half-decade, and I'll bet you a C-note it'll continue well after that.

Most people I know, including me, would work there b/c at the time there isn't much else out there.
Ummm, ever heard of (in no particular order):

Continental
jetBlue
Southwest
UPS
FedEx

That's 5 other good, solid airlines that would be increases in QOL over any regional. But "there isn't much else out there"?

That dog won't hunt.

Cargo sucks in my opinion.

SWA is a lottery ticket.

Continental is about it. I lose respect for your company more everyday b/c of people like you.

You're cocky and arrogant, and you think you make the rules of what others can say/can't say on this site.

I'm finished with this, it's pointless to try and get through to someone that thinks they are the "Aviation God".

Your JetBlue comment was stupid......and deep down inside, you know it.

Lear70 said:
Continental
jetBlue
Southwest
UPS
FedEx

That's 5 other good, solid airlines that would be increases in QOL over any regional. But "there isn't much else out there"?

That dog won't hunt.

You forgot
JetBlue
Frontier
Midwest
Spirit

All of whom I would rank ahead of Valuetran.

DBCOOPER said:
Cargo sucks in my opinion.
Opinions vary. ;) I have some FedEx buddies who would disagree with you.

I lose respect for your company more everyday b/c of people like you.
Why?

Because I enjoy my job and don't mind telling other people that this company, while not perfect, is a pretty decent place to be?

Because I also praise other companies for being great places to be as well?

Because you can't come up with any rational, fact-base arguments to contradict what I write?

You're cocky and arrogant, and you think you make the rules of what others can say/can't say on this site.
I never said you could or couldn't say whatever you want on this board; I simply said you were hypocritical. The FACT that you bashed our airline in one sentence then said you wanted to work here doesn't make ME arrogant.

I'm finished with this, it's pointless to try and get through to someone that thinks they are the "Aviation God".
And what, EXACTLY, did I say that gave that impression?

That I think my company isn't going to have tough times in the near future, barring some drastic, unforeseen tragedy or turn of events? THAT makes me come across as thinking I'm an "Aviation god"?

Your JetBlue comment was stupid......and deep down inside, you know it.
No, and neither does anyone else except for you and Fire Hair. Everyone else got it, even the normal airTran flamers.

And, deep down inside, you know it. :D

Have a good night. :)

Lame Lizard said:
You forgot
JetBlue
Frontier
Midwest
Spirit

All of whom I would rank ahead of Valuetran.
I did mention 'Blue... 2 of my best friends work there. :)

Frontier I *might* put on the same playing field as airTran, Midwest and Spirit I wouldn't.

That's simply MY opinion, much as Cooper Vain (spelling intentional) isn't interested in working for the 2 top-paying pilot jobs in the world because they're cargo. I'm sure there are guys and gals at those two companies who love it and wouldn't leave there to come to Frontier, JB, or airTran.

Later,,,

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back