• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran looses big investor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. I don't understand why people have such a problem knowing the difference between loose and lose. It is just not on this message board, but I see it everywhere on the internet.

Just run it on your calculator.

1 girl + 5000 guys x 7 (sessions of intercourse) =

Turn the calculator upside down and look at your answer.

I am not being the spelling police...but I find it very funny that on a board where most of us are college educated, the one word that apparently kicks us all in the rear is lose vs loose....hahaha

No ship. A college degree isn't what it used to be, that's for sure.

Too many kids who grew up with the computers doing their spelling for them . . . it all comes through when they screw up the grammar though.

I agree. I don't understand why people have such a problem knowing the difference between loose and lose. It is just not on this message board, but I see it everywhere on the internet.

Lose= not winning
Loose= an 80 year old woman's vagina

Does that work?

I've invested in AirTran off and on for nearly 20 years. It is a very cyclical stock that is easy for a relatively dumb investor like me to time.

Fuel is coming back down, breathing life into the low cost model. At the same time, Delta's costs are increasing. At the minimum, NWA's payroll costs will increase >11% just to match the pay of their Delta co-workers. Delta's legions of RJs are neither cost, or service, competitive with AirTran.

AirTran has proved itself to be a survivor, it's stock has increased 68% in a month ... obviously swing traders are going to take out profits.

I would not worry too much about the managers at Delta and NWA being anti-competitive. After all, their last move - spending $300,000,000 to keep AAI from buying MidWest probably SAVED AirTran from an insolvency crunch during the summer fuel fiasco.

Our friends in the personal BBJ market have cut oil production. Let that filter through and oil finish it's speculative reaction, then look again at AAI stock.

Wish that I had bought AAI at <$2.

Last edited:
I think it will be quite a while if/when AirTran goes out of business. Years - between 2 and 75.

I also think it will be quite a while (years) before SWA goes to Atlanta for scheduled passenger service whether AirTran goes out of buisness or not.

Just one simple pilot's opinion.

Then explain Denver. One can argue that United is to DEN what Delta is to ATL , although on a somewhat smaller scale; with Frontier and Air Tran playing similar roles in their respective hubs . Didn't stop SW from starting DEN service now,did it ? If SW smells Delta blood in the water a few years after the merger is completed,which I hope they don't ;then you can just about bet they'll be in ATL whether Air Tran's around or not.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back