Air Tran and Delta Jump Seat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Daddy69

I'm trying to list for jump seat on Air Tran and or Delta. Does anyone have the phone numbers for them? Thanks!

While most are pretty accommodating, AirTran still has some gate agents that don't seem to understand that the jumpseat is at the Captain's discretion, not theirs. If showing up before boarding starts, with a smile and a "hello" don't seem to achieve the desired results, grab any AirTran pilot. We'll be glad to make sure you get on board.

Last edited:
AAI doesn't have a non-rev line for listing, you just go through the regular reservations line, telling them you're a non-rev, other airline.

Sometimes you get an agent who will tell you actual loads. Sometimes not. Just depends.

Ty's method works pretty well, but one thing to note: AAI doesn't charge revenue pax to change their tickets (I think we're losing Tens of Millions of dollars a year not charging a simple $5 or $10 change ticket fee, but I digress), so what they'll do is buy the cheaper late-night flight, then show up hours ahead of time and grab an earlier flight for the same price. That won't show up if you select 9 passengers (there's typically 5-10 of these revenue standby's on any given flight in the hub and you don't know about them until you get to the gate).

Good luck.

Almost right Lear. AAI does charge 75 dollars to change a flight intenary. They do not charge extra for a px to show up early the same day and sit standby for any flight during the day. (just like you said via your scenerio). I know it's a minor difference, but just clarifying.

I've had pretty good luck asking any 'non-busy' AAI agent to check loads for me. Some are very nice, others not as much. Your mileage may vary.

The end result is the same... you're trying to non-rev with someone who can't occupy the jumpseat and you get bumped on flight after flight after flight from all the revenue stand-by's who show up early.

I wish we'd charge them $10 a piece to do that. At least the airline would profit from it...

I wish we'd charge them $10 a piece to do that. At least the airline would profit from it...
SWA doesn't charge a change fee and it is still profitable, and was profitable enough to buy AirTran!

Almost right Lear. AAI does charge 75 dollars to change a flight intenary. They do not charge extra for a px to show up early the same day and sit standby for any flight during the day. (just like you said via your scenerio). I know it's a minor difference, but just clarifying.

I've had pretty good luck asking any 'non-busy' AAI agent to check loads for me. Some are very nice, others not as much. Your mileage may vary.

You do realize that SW does charge a pax trying to change a fight the new flight fee? The new fee is often much more than the typical €75 charged by other airlines to switch flights.

Latest resources

Back