• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Midwest gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like the days of EAS are numbered. While good for employing pilots, it sucked for taxpayers. I really don't see how it will continue. Great Lakes can't do it all. Heck ,they've been understaffed from day one. The trick for avoiding the fine from suspension of contract service is to surrender the certificate. The year is still young, good luck to all. You faring OK CL?

Looks like the days of EAS are numbered. While good for employing pilots, it sucked for taxpayers. I really don't see how it will continue. Great Lakes can't do it all. Heck ,they've been understaffed from day one. The trick for avoiding the fine from suspension of contract service is to surrender the certificate. The year is still young, good luck to all. You faring OK CL?

day 2 of unemployment....still waiting for a few calls. CoD4 passes the time. I wish I could log that time. :)

Wow! Wonder what HM will be doing now that his airline is retired.

Miss the plane, Dotty, not Trixie. Most remembered whether good or bad!

Best of luck...I assume those guys will feed directly into MESA or was there something in the contract that if the whole operation shut down or was sold, Mesa didn't have to take the pilot group?

CL, any other news from the union? did they establish the funds yet? I understand MP is working on it.

They have been ja'ing captains the last 2 days, the chaos in screw scheduling already started. We are losing one more guy in the flt ops office, and closing the uniform shop.

I personally think the furlough number will be greater than 35 comes the fall.

All the best.

Gawd, I know who you're talking about. HYS. She'd fish from the offline pier too, I narrowly escaped. Wracking my brain trying to remember her name....

It just came to me...Jo-Lynn. You and I are lucky to have escaped her web, I know guys still in therapy trying to erase that memory. :puke:

Best of luck...I assume those guys will feed directly into MESA or was there something in the contract that if the whole operation shut down or was sold, Mesa didn't have to take the pilot group?

AMW guys are on the Mesa seniority list, they can displace to whatever their seniority can hold, and Mesa will love to get 90 qualified pilots. If there is any good out of this, most if not all AMW captains will easily be lineholding CRJ captains.

CL, any other news from the union? did they establish the funds yet? I understand MP is working on it.

They have been ja'ing captains the last 2 days, the chaos in screw scheduling already started. We are losing one more guy in the flt ops office, and closing the uniform shop.

I personally think the furlough number will be greater than 35 comes the fall.

All the best.

No news. I hope you are wrong, but if oil continues going up anything is possible. I will donate $25 to the fund once it is set up as some will need it more than I do (COBRA sucks).

With a 20yr lease the 717's are pretty expensive to keep grounded, but the Howell Ave. geniuses must know something I do not know. Basically the union said they wanted 35 pilots heads and 20 downgrades and they got it. They took the easy way out. They're also moving all of MCI ramp ops to Skyway and eliminating some RJ routes (thank god).

We will eliminate two routes. The last day of service on these routes will be July 19.
  • Kansas City to Austin
  • Kansas City to Pittsburgh
We will reduce frequency on the following routes beginning July 20:
  • Milwaukee to Cleveland, from four flights daily to three
  • Milwaukee to Indianapolis, from four flights daily to three
  • Milwaukee to Newark, from five flights daily to four

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back