• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Midwest gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If people really need air service from these types of cities, why wouldn't some Caravan operator, whose airplane sits all day, fly passengers (at high high $$) and position the airplane to carry boxes at night?

Who needs a subsidy if you're providing a needed service? The subsidy just brings the price (to the traveler) down because you're getting the taxpayer to pay part of your ticket. Could you imagine if the businessman actually had to go around and beg for money to help pay for his ticket to St. Louis?

If people really need air service from these types of cities, why wouldn't some Caravan operator, whose airplane sits all day, fly passengers (at high high $$) and position the airplane to carry boxes at night?

Who needs a subsidy if you're providing a needed service? The subsidy just brings the price (to the traveler) down because you're getting the taxpayer to pay part of your ticket. Could you imagine if the businessman actually had to go around and beg for money to help pay for his ticket to St. Louis?
I can think of a much better aircraft for that, which isn't a bad idea, but then you have to steal the freight contract away from the people who have it as well (FedEx, UPS, USPS, and check contractors who are out at those small fields every night).

Don't fool yourselves guys, those overpaid fat cat airline pilots are what shut down Air Midwest. McCain said so...

Trixie was gone last year.. Dottie married an AMW mechanic.. go figure and YoShawnda.. well if those are transferrable job skills what are...

the question is how will the Diet Coke queen get her fix..

I am guessing Hank M will have to go back into his past life in the KC Mafia (I am convinced that guy was a "Goodfella" at some point in his life) I am also trying to remember the name of the "man-eater" station manager out in Hayes or Topeka. She was a big girl, could drink any of us under the table, and made a man out of many a unsuspecting newhire ZV pilot back in the day. Anyone here care to admit to going down that rough road?:0

I am also trying to remember the name of the "man-eater" station manager out in Hayes or Topeka. She was a big girl, could drink any of us under the table, and made a man out of many a unsuspecting newhire ZV pilot back in the day. Anyone here care to admit to going down that rough road?:0

Gawd, I know who you're talking about. HYS. She'd fish from the offline pier too, I narrowly escaped. Wracking my brain trying to remember her name....

Whats the over/under on the # of annual showers "Dirty Dottie" has? (and dottie was in ICT in the training department not MCI)

note: Golden showers do NOT count.

ps "You be modified"

Latest resources

Back