• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Midwest gone!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jo-Lynn!.....dang....now there's a name I haven't heard since 1999. Was she still at AirMidwest? I don't have any biblical knowledge, but I do remember her. She was quite the lady.

Best of luck 1900 dudes. Hopefully there are better jobs available. (Were the Dash 8's part of that deal as well?)

I am guessing Hank M will have to go back into his past life in the KC Mafia (I am convinced that guy was a "Goodfella" at some point in his life) I am also trying to remember the name of the "man-eater" station manager out in Hayes or Topeka. She was a big girl, could drink any of us under the table, and made a man out of many a unsuspecting newhire ZV pilot back in the day. Anyone here care to admit to going down that rough road?:0

I saw her Jolynn jump in the pool at the Clarion after one of our newhire barbecues....I still fantasise over it!!
Trixie one of the few in life I wanted to choke 5 mins after meeting her!!!!!
What ever happened to the scheduler Amy....we took her shoe after she had many brews guzzled out of it and stuck it in the Air Midwest trophy case in ICT HQ.

Wierd how "Jolynn" and "Tatonka" were used in the same sentences when that name would come up!

I still miss Dotties aroma and that one eye that just wasn't quite right...

Huh???

Gary Adamson started Air Midwest which was based in Wichita KS. Stapleton was the westernmost terminus of an EAS route that went through western Kansas to DEN. They were the launch customer for the Saab 340 (s/n 2 "Bernice" named after Gary's wife).

Air Midwest was a great airline in it's prime. An unblemished fatal accident record for about 30 years until Mesa came along.

There will likely never be another success story in aviation like the original Air Midwest.

I still remember just getting started, flying E-110's for Iowa Airways and pulling up next to the brand new SF340's in DSM. Man, was I envious!

Air Midwest was a class operation in those days. RIP. TC

Ah yes IOE in HYS...so you want to be a airline pilot?
Great times and great folks at AMW. As for the new hire bar-b-que at the Clarion didn't they drain the pool after the shoe incident? Recurrent in MCI was the only time I ever looked forward to training...Remember your poem for the V1 cut.

Latest resources

Back