AIR Inc., Airtran and training-general questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
400ADude said:
After your paycuts you don't have nothing to bet with boy.

Chuck...Einstien...Lame....Boris....Where ya been girl?? Missed ya like a bleeding hemmoroid! Did you sell your mamma again to make that $10 for the new membership. How long will this loser....Username last? Boy its good to have ya back. Are you dressing in mens' clothing yet??

twepilot said:
no denial...just "whatever"....loser

RV

You guys are obessed with that guy. I came on here to take a couple of pop shots to see if the same old crowd would respond. Then came usual Einstein/Chuck bla bla bla. That guy is as good as gone. Thanks for the laughs though, me and others on the board appreciated it.

400ADude said:
If I am not mistaken I believe Airtran gives them 20 rides in the sim before the check. I could be wrong though.

20 sims!! That's awesome. I know guys at my airline getting their 727 type in less than 6 sim sessions. Newhires only have about about 5 or 6 sims.
I guess thats the difference in a quality airline and fly by night operations like mine:rolleyes:.

Midnight Flyer said:
20 sims!! That's awesome. I know guys at my airline getting their 727 type in less than 6 sim sessions. Newhires only have about about 5 or 6 sims.
I guess thats the difference in a quality airline and fly by night operations like mine:rolleyes:.
Ummm... can you say "sarcasm"?

Training is NOT 4 months. I had two breaks of 6 days and 7 days respectively in the middle of training and still was done with OE within 10 weeks.

2 weeks indoc, 2 weeks CBT/VPT/FMS-T, 2 weeks sim, checkride, and LOFT, 1 week OE with every weekend off except for one sim session and my LOFT was on a Saturday.

AIR Inc is a definite must for getting hired here.

Going to the all-day seminar is only necessary ONCE. After that, just show up for lunch and the afternoon events and you'll hear all you need to hear.

Good luck!

Lear70 said:
Ummm... can you say "sarcasm"?

Training is NOT 4 months. I had two breaks of 6 days and 7 days respectively in the middle of training and still was done with OE within 10 weeks.

2 weeks indoc, 2 weeks CBT/VPT/FMS-T, 2 weeks sim, checkride, and LOFT, 1 week OE with every weekend off except for one sim session and my LOFT was on a Saturday.

AIR Inc is a definite must for getting hired here.

Going to the all-day seminar is only necessary ONCE. After that, just show up for lunch and the afternoon events and you'll hear all you need to hear.

Good luck!

Thank you. At least some one at that company has a sense of humor. God

Here is the deal if anyone reading this you wants to get on at AirTran and succeed in training.

First, as far as getting hired:

You must meet their minimum requirements, as far as flight-time, and:

1) Have a rec. letter from an AirTran pilot or:
2) go to an Air Inc. seminar.
Basically, that is all there is to it, unless you are an exception.

Between both of these options, I would weigh the letter of rec. more highly than the Air Inc. seminar. However, if you have both, your chances are increased a lot, I believe.

As far as training goes, AirTran is more efficient and quicker than other airline I have flown for, just my experience. I think 6 weeks is all that I needed, start to finish.

In training, weight is placed upon :

ORAL: Limitations(cold), Memory Items(cold), System knowledge of aircraft, flows, FOM.

Sim: Same stuff as any other place. Profiles, callouts, etc.

I have been here for a short time, but AirTran does have a tough training department, no doubt. If you study and take it seriously you will have nothing to worry about.

If you slack off, they WILL wash you out. Just commit yourself to studying a lot and giving your best effort. If you are giving you're best, they will see that and work with you.

I believe in this place, we are making money, growing the # of aircraft, and have the lowest CASM in the business.(Note- Southwest is lower when you include fuel costs, due to hedging)

FWIW..............

Hmmm... FOM?

Mostly a Captain's thing. You take one test in indoc and then they never asked any of OUR class a single thing in the FOM through the rest of training until you were online in OE and even then it was just a few basic things.

They did, however, beat the crap out of every switch on the panel during our orals and the profiles and callouts in the sim.

I'm sure what they harp on changes as things come up on the line and filter down into the training department...

Very well said, UALX727. They should just make your response a "sticky" and be done with the whole question for the time being.

Of course, then we would miss gems like this one (credit to 737 Pylt):

Did you sell your mamma again to make that $10 for the new membership?
:cool:

Latest resources

Back