AIR Inc., Airtran and training-general questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
400 A-hole..heh, heh...good one Ty.

As a military guy who knew very little about the airlines and even less about the modern day job interview process, I found Air Inc very helpful.

Go to the all day seminar. The info is very helpful with regards to dos and don'ts. Leading up to the meet and greet, each company has a rep give a short presentation about where they are going and what they are looking for in new hires. Pay attention and you can use this info during the meet and greet to show how you match what they are looking for.

I know this part sounds obvious but don't forget to wear interview attire. When I went last year there were a few folks who were not looking their best. You never know why someone might choose not to put you in the interview pile. It sure would suck if it was because you didn't spend a little money to look presentable.

Training for my class was about a two and a half months for all of us from in the door to through IOE. We worked 5 days a week although once you get to sims you could work weekends. I was able to get home on most weekends. I stayed in Atlanta for a few of them to study/prepare for the oral/checkride.

Just for the record. I spent a short time at AirTran and found their training to be excellent. The instructors were willing to help when help was needed and there were plenty of resources to practice flows/FMS procedures. Their school house has state of the art equipment, and honestly, the training I got their was ever bit as good as FedEx, and COEX for that matter. The AirTran folks are great people!

Thanks for the info folks, If I have the oppurtunity to go then I'll definitely attend the seminars earlier in the day. It sounds like they'd be very informative for someone like me who doesn't know jack about the airlines, well, beyond what I read on this board anyway :D

It took me 22 sims... but I figured it out... Darn computer jets... I had a couple more bumps on my cranium after it was over.. but it was fun and professional....

Good Luck.. AirTran folks are cool, safe, and hard working line pilots.. (just like anywhere)

CHUCK ALERT, CHUCK ALERT, CHUCK ALERT (tri-tone in background)

Immediate Actions:

IGNORE LIST - ADD

QRH clean up items:

Pilots should be aware that further corrective actions may be necessary as the indicated fault may reappear without warning.

Systems affected:

Usually AirTran threads.

Latest resources

Back