• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France Flight Missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes you are wrong, the crew did not advance the thrust levers to TOGA in initiate a go-around. So the airplane thought it was still landing, not the smartest thing in the world...but like they say garbage-in, garbage-out.

Sorta...how many go-around's are performed in A320's during a year? How many have had a similar result?

I don't disagree, manual inputs provide a better "feel" but you can't argue with statistics.

The crew did advance to TOGA but way too late! N1 had only gotten up to 85% when they started hitting trees. Full stick back was also applied but Alpha Protection limited the pitch angle The airplane did all it could and did respond to the pilot inputs but would not let him STALL it, just as advertised. They went through the trees wings dead level and only had 3 deaths. That accident was 20 years ago and still people can't get it straight.

I found this on a different site...

02:10Z:Autothrust off
Autopilot off
FBW alternate law
Rudder Travel Limiter Fault
TCAS fault due to antenna fault
Flight Envelope Computation warning
All pitot static ports lost

02:11Z:Failure of all three ADIRUs
Failure of gyros of ISIS (attitude information lost)

02:12Z:ADIRUs Air Data disagree

02:13Z:Flight Management, Guidance and Envelope Computer fault
PRIM 1 fault
SEC 1 fault02:14Z:Cabin Pressure Controller fault (cabin vertical speed)

Looks like you need to read up on Introduction to Avionics Systems, If you paid attention and READ the whole page, you would of known your quote is someones interpretation of what happened.

Further more ISIS doesn't have gyros, it has a solid state sensor.

And your a A320 FO lol ..

Looks like you need to read up on Introduction to Avionics Systems, If you paid attention and READ the whole page, you would of known your quote is someones interpretation of what happened.

Further more ISIS doesn't have gyros, it has a solid state sensor.

And your a A320 FO lol ..

Nope, not me...like I said just before pasting the info...I found this on a different site...I didn't interpret the ACARS messages, I was just trying to help. If you had bothered to read my post without jumping to conclusions, you would have discovered that on you own.

I'm not sure what is funnier your post or this "And your a A320 FO lol .." that actually made me laugh. call my wife to read it and she laughed too.

The crew did advance to TOGA but way too late! N1 had only gotten up to 85% when they started hitting trees. Full stick back was also applied but Alpha Protection limited the pitch angle The airplane did all it could and did respond to the pilot inputs but would not let him STALL it, just as advertised. They went through the trees wings dead level and only had 3 deaths. That accident was 20 years ago and still people can't get it straight.

Like I said they did not select TOGA to initiate a go-around, flying through the tops of the trees is a little too late.

Of course had the Q400 been designed with the flight envelope protections of an A320, there may have been 1 less fatal accident this year.

Like I said they did not select TOGA to initiate a go-around, flying through the tops of the trees is a little too late.

I really do not know what you are trying to say but, showboating on a 2500ft grass runway with a full load of people and then trying to demonstrate Alpha Floor was not too bright either.

DC

Everyone, can we keep this thread on topic? We all have our opinions of the Airbus philosophy, but this thread was doing a good job of staying on point until this.

Has anyone heard anything else after the news about having found 2 bodies? I heard this morning that AF was "ramping up" the replacement of pitot tubes on their fleet because of problems with erroneous input to the systems. What do we know about this?

Has anyone heard anything else after the news about having found 2 bodies?

3 more bodies found. Total of 5 now. Plus, verified pieces of the ac.

US NAVY gear is on the way, arrives tomorrow that will be used to try and locate the CVR and FDR.

CNN International is now saying the count is 17....

You'd think that a P-3 with sonobuoys - ones that can find a sub that is trying to hide - could find a CVR and FDR that wants to be found.

Any one have info on that aspect?

Latest resources

Back