Air France Flight Missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, back to the thread...

Surprised no one is talking about the flight control ADIRU seeing as how Quantas had an uncommanded over the limit negative G push over last year and this year the FAA and International Authorities have posted not one, but two, emergency airworthiness directives on the system.

Never having flown the 'bus, is there a back up to all the magic?

Surprised no one is talking about the flight control ADIRU seeing as how Quantas had an uncommanded over the limit negative G push over last year and this year the FAA and International Authorities have posted not one, but two, emergency airworthiness directives on the system.

It was one of the first things that was looked at and was ruled-out/put on the back-burner as the AF ac had a different unit manufactured by a different company that used a different software interface than the Quantas ac.

"""There but by the grace of God... """"

I always thought this was a dumb, sort of selfish phrase. So - by the "Grace of God" someone ELSE got killed instead of you? That's some nice Grace from God! Tell it to those families of those on the airplane. It was just bad luck, nothing at all to do with God, if such a thing even exists. The idea of "God" is the bigest hoax mankind has ever played on itself, only because mankind has such hubris that he can't bring himself to believe that death is simply what it is and wants to believe there is some fairy tale after-life.

We say that not in pointing out our luck for not being involved in that accident, but to point out that, at the end of the day, sometimes it is just pure, dumb luck that it WASN'T us in that situation. There are several accidents that have been attributed mostly to "wrong place wrong time", and that's what this is talking about.

Without getting into a discussion or God or ideology, this accident is very appropo for this phrase. If not for luck, Grace of God, whatever you want to call it, any one of us could very easily be in a situation not of our own making from which we have no way to control whether we live or die. It could happen in the air, it could happen on the ground, you just never know what life will throw at you or when death comes knocking at your door...

Well, there was precip around somewhere, mebbe not on your route but it was there. You may not have seen it, but it was there somewhere, no other way. But I'm not here to hi-jack this thread to argue with you and Mister Lear about basic meteorology.

Flying around in Saudi Arabia you see dry lighting with normal frequency. Incredible amount of lighting cloud to cloud and cloud to ground and yet no precip.
Lighting has nothing to do w/ precip. It has to do with a difference in potential from the cloud and ground which is caused by static.

What is dry lightning?
Dry lightning is lightning that occurs without rain nearby. The NOAA Storm Prediction Center routinely forecasts dry lightning because this kind is more likely to cause forest fires.

Why am I being threatened with a ban for posting a (some say) tasteless joke, while those who resort to name-calling and open threats of violence in carparks are given a pass?

Oh yeah, it's because I drive an RJ, my bad.

No, because you are an ***********************************!

I've always thought that was one of the best quotes relating to our jobs that existed, without examining the moral implications.

We say that not in pointing out our luck for not being involved in that accident, but to point out that, at the end of the day, sometimes it is just pure, dumb luck that it WASN'T us in that situation. There are several accidents that have been attributed mostly to "wrong place wrong time", and that's what this is talking about.

Without getting into a discussion or God or ideology, this accident is very appropo for this phrase. If not for luck, Grace of God, whatever you want to call it, any one of us could very easily be in a situation not of our own making from which we have no way to control whether we live or die. It could happen in the air, it could happen on the ground, you just never know what life will throw at you or when death comes knocking at your door...

Good post Lear...

Severe turb, total loss of electrical...even if intermittent, and an ill-handling ac over a dark ocean expanse at night.

This is one of those accidents that when you visualize what was possibly happening with the crew and the ac, it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

"""There but by the grace of God... """"

I always thought this was a dumb, sort of selfish phrase. So - by the "Grace of God" someone ELSE got killed instead of you? That's some nice Grace from God! Tell it to those families of those on the airplane. It was just bad luck, nothing at all to do with God, if such a thing even exists. The idea of "God" is the bigest hoax mankind has ever played on itself, only because mankind has such hubris that he can't bring himself to believe that death is simply what it is and wants to believe there is some fairy tale after-life.

You speak of dumb and selfish, well how about you take your opinions on religion to another thread and show some respect.

Latest resources

Back