• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France 447 Found

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AF does not want the recorders found.....they flew directly into a thunderstorm, that would make AF not look to good...look at the flight path overlay with the weather at the time.....JMO..

AF does not want the recorders found.....they flew directly into a thunderstorm, that would make AF not look to good...look at the flight path overlay with the weather at the time.....JMO..

We should take all recorders out of every airliner and just ask YOU when something happens
:-/

It's hard for me to fathom identifiable bodies after almost 2 years. I hope this helps bring closure to some families.

And Air France DOES want the boxes found. They have been indicted of man-slaughter and are looking for a defense.

Gup

Watched a documentary (of course they are all 100% accurate, notwithstanding the facts). The theory is that the pitot tubes (which were supposed to have been replaced, iced up and there was no ADC reference. Still, you'd think a trained crew could have "attitude" flown the aircraft.

I'm sure there will be some irrelavent piece of information (like a piece of metal from American airliner was left in the sky) that will defer blame from AF or the french authorities.

Watched a documentary (of course they are all 100% accurate, notwithstanding the facts). The theory is that the pitot tubes (which were supposed to have been replaced, iced up and there was no ADC reference. Still, you'd think a trained crew could have "attitude" flown the aircraft.

A NWA crew did.

Still, you'd think a trained crew could have "attitude" flown the aircraft..

Does anyone here know the Airbus flight control logic to know if that's even possible with that airplane's FBW system?

I don't think that has anything to do with pilot skill or training....but it has everything to do with what the pilots would be able to do with the controls when the ADC isn't getting accurate data.

Latest resources

Back