• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Force Academy Welfare Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While giving tours on our squadron static display P-3 located at Selfridge ANGB, I told a story of operating against the Soviets during the "Cold War". We were flying Patrols out of BDA and KEF to confront the Soviet Submarine force. After telling the story a voice in broken English came from a lady in the tour group. She said "Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thank God every night for you, All my life I prayed that you would never give into the Russian’s. The Russians very very bad to the Czechs, they did terrible things to us, killed my friends, now thanks to the United States they are gone and I have my freedom to visit and live in your great country”
big Al I don't think she would agree with you.

Sweet, sweet Keflavik. God Bless the Brass Nut. Gone, but not forgotten!

TO BALLY:

You really are a low piece of scum.

Perhaps you would like to explain your views to the widow.

We are sad to announce that NYC based MD-88 First Officer Kevin Sonnenberg died while piloting his F-16 in Iraq during a close air support mission on June 15th. He is survived by his wife and stepson. Funeral arrangements are pending. In lieu of flowers, please send donations payable to the Kevin Sonnenberg Memorial Fund in care of: Lorin Sonnenberg, P459 County Road 3A, McClure, OH 43534

I'm very sorry to hear this. By any chance, did Kevin's father or another older family member fly for Delta? Reason being, I flew with a Bill Sonnenberg at Delta a few years back on the 727. I think he was pretty close to retirement back in.......say 2002?

If you were to be in the MDW Pilot lounge on a TUE, WED or THU you would see and hear the SWA/FO in person, live, unsensored and upclose. The SWA/FO is same person all the time, here online or in person.

If you're dying to know who the SWA/FO is just ask around, there are lots o guys who know the SWA/FO personally. Or you could be just like him (the SWA/FO) and not really care, such is the case here. :D

Guys,

I do know the SWA F/O. And I have seen him in person, live, uncensored and up close ( but not in my personal space).

Funny guy, great personality ( or he wouldn't be working here) and every bit the pro one would expect to see in a cockpit.

Long live the SWA F/O !!!

I thought all SW'esters were happy. Is there a cage arena in this MDW pilot lounge?

Hey, whatever keeps you awake I guess.

While giving tours on our squadron static display P-3 located at Selfridge ANGB, I told a story of operating against the Soviets during the "Cold War". We were flying Patrols out of BDA and KEF to confront the Soviet Submarine force. After telling the story a voice in broken English came from a lady in the tour group. She said "Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thank God every night for you, All my life I prayed that you would never give into the Russian’s. The Russians very very bad to the Czechs, they did terrible things to us, killed my friends, now thanks to the United States they are gone and I have my freedom to visit and live in your great country”
big Al I don't think she would agree with you.

not even counting all the 'bad things' America did to other countries, who ever said the Commies were nice to anybody? I'm just letting you know the hype was and still is over exaggerated of the Soviets actual intent and abilities at the time of the cold war.

Unfortunately, every single historian not blinded by partisanship also agrees with me...

Unreal. Basically you are saying that no one has risked their life since then because all post WWII wars that we've been in were not about freedom. The very act of volunteering to be in the military is risking your life (you'll think that egotistical, I'm sure). If you don't understand that then you're beyond hope.

risking your life... yes. but how were you ever "defending" freedom? when was "freedom" in jeopordy?

Oh, of course. It was our fault. Another Blame America First, guilt-ridden, can't we all just get along, drink-the-milk-from-mama-while-kicking-her-in-the-gut loser.
Peace.

blame america first? so is that how you think of everything? black and white, for or against, terrorist or freedom fighter?

Commies supplying North Korea and Charlie... propaganda

and why should that matter to the US if they funded a regime like that?

So its OK for America to not only put missiles in the soviets backyard but its also ok to fund regimes hostile to the soviets but not have them do the same back?

Sputnik and subsequent space race... fabrication

and that had what to do with fighting for freedom?

how about the real "race"

the race to aquire and maintain ICBMs which the soviets were so far behind it was embarrassing... that is why any overflights or inspectors were denied by the USSR because they knew it would show them to be extremely weak

Cuban missle crisis... propaganda

again, the US can put missiles in the soviets backyard but how dare they give you a taste of your own medicine?

USSR invasion of Afghanistan... propaganda

and what did that have to do with fighting for freedom?

Berlin wall... propaganda

a sad attempt to keep their poor population from fleeing. what is your point exactly?

East Germany never existed... fabrication

america rushing to berlin while the soviets fight all the hard battles all to get screwed with this whole occupation by both sides...

Stalin killing more Jews than Hilter... propaganda

you couldn't find any fact based non-partisan to try to even say the USSR was not as oppressive as the Nazis

Yugoslavia, Czechoslavkia, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary... propaganda
Warsaw Pact (all of the above plus Cuba, Vietnam, North Korea and Mongolia)... fabrication

Yup, what was all the hype about?

PS
I'm adding a layer of aluminum foil to my helmet... suggest you do the same with yours.

I'm just wondering exactly why its OK for America to fund oppressive regimes, engage in terrorist activities, etc. while how dare the USSR do the same and they are a threat to freedom! Please tell me all the countries America liberated successfully during that time, and I will explain the "true" reasons they entered, and hint, it had nothing to do with 'freedom'

but that is a discussion for another day, its unfortunate that people cannot learn the truth about history, they just believe whatever propaganda their favorite side feeds them

Latest resources

Back