Air Force Academy Welfare Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote:
RedDog--please don't perpetuate the riff between AMer's & PMer's--you haven't been here long enough. I've done both & have yet to fly w/ a "tool". You may have come across the 2% rule.

Although a statistical anomaly, SWA F/U is the entire 2%.

Again Bigal does not have the big picture. The Commies were after world domination. There was a Sino-Soviet block bent on this purpose. After WWII We elected to get out of the military business, the commies did not, and then came Korea, the US was forced to meet the commies. Thank goodness for the reserves. In 1960 the said they would bury us, they moved offensive missiles to Cuba, they overthrew gov'ts to install communist dictators. There was a cold war, it was prepared to go hot at any minute. The outcome of the Cold War has us live prosperous lives since WWII. The way we reacted through that period brought us this outcome, there is no guarantee if we had reacted in any other way the outcome would have been the same.

sorry but that is completely wrong.

The "commies" could barely keep their own country afloat, 99% of all the red scare examples of commies trying to take over the world were fabrications by the defense industry and its supporters. Its too bad, in this day and age with all the information out there, we still believe the propaganda.

They moved offensive missiles to cuba not only because america had offensive missiles in countries next door to the USSR, but because they were trying to bring an end to the berlin issue which they felt was draining a lot of their time and money.

This will be my last post in regards to your subject, BA. I am curious to know what I wrote that makes you think I don't believe the same thing you do. You are assuming quite a bit. Perhaps you should post in the Non-Aviation thread rather than the Majors thread. Or once again, in a political forum--which this is not intended to be. For responding to someone else's childish comment, you're not coming across as a convincing adult.

I'm saddened by your leaving this "debate" it really hurts me.

First I should leave this board entirely but now I should only go to another section?

convincing adult? I am an adult and my words show it... you on the other hand...

Who the hell am I? I'm the guy--along with thousands of others--that allows you the freedom to believe what you want. We facilitate the means by which you post it here, without fear of being murdered or jailed for saying it.

I asked who the hell you were to make such comments as how I should leave.

And there you people go again, with your huge egos talking about you personally putting your life on the line to protect "freedom"

Sorry but that is just egotistical nonsense. Nobody put their life on the line for freedom since WWII

Nobody put their life on the line for freedom since WWII

Unreal. Basically you are saying that no one has risked their life since then because all post WWII wars that we've been in were not about freedom. The very act of volunteering to be in the military is risking your life (you'll think that egotistical, I'm sure). If you don't understand that then you're beyond hope.

They moved offensive missiles to cuba not only because america had offensive missiles in countries next door to the USSR

Oh, of course. It was our fault. Another Blame America First, guilt-ridden, can't we all just get along, drink-the-milk-from-mama-while-kicking-her-in-the-gut loser.
Peace.

The "commies" could barely keep their own country afloat, 99% of all the red scare examples of commies trying to take over the world were fabrications by the defense industry and its supporters. Its too bad, in this day and age with all the information out there, we still believe the propaganda.

They moved offensive missiles to cuba not only because america had offensive missiles in countries next door to the USSR, but because they were trying to bring an end to the berlin issue which they felt was draining a lot of their time and money.

Commies supplying North Korea and Charlie... propaganda
Sputnik and subsequent space race... fabrication
Cuban missle crisis... propaganda
USSR invasion of Afghanistan... propaganda
Berlin wall... propaganda
East Germany never existed... fabrication
Stalin killing more Jews than Hilter... propaganda
Yugoslavia, Czechoslavkia, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary... propaganda
Warsaw Pact (all of the above plus Cuba, Vietnam, North Korea and Mongolia)... fabrication

Yup, what was all the hype about?

PS
I'm adding a layer of aluminum foil to my helmet... suggest you do the same with yours.

As to SWA F/O.. I am done bashing you. You are who you are. I just think you are not man enough to voice those opinions to a real person in front of you. Talking $hit on the computer is one thing but in person ..... you would not. Want to meet...sure PM your name and employee number. I would be more than happy to put a name to a face. You don't have the ball$ for that either.

If you were to be in the MDW Pilot lounge on a TUE, WED or THU you would see and hear the SWA/FO in person, live, unsensored and upclose. The SWA/FO is same person all the time, here online or in person.

If you're dying to know who the SWA/FO is just ask around, there are lots o guys who know the SWA/FO personally. Or you could be just like him (the SWA/FO) and not really care, such is the case here. :D

Tens of millions of Eastern Europeans would disagree with you that it was all imaginary.

The Academy is a personal choice--no one else's. If not, you'll never make it through. Not so fast on the free... The education is not free, the cost is shoved up your a$$ a nickel at a time (a manner of speaking, of course). Then, when you graduate, you get to put your life on the line for a lot of folks that you may or may not agree with your opinion. Fighter, tanker, airlift, pencil pusher--it doesn't matter.

Beautifully stated.:beer:

What we don't pay in money they take in blood and sweat.

While giving tours on our squadron static display P-3 located at Selfridge ANGB, I told a story of operating against the Soviets during the "Cold War". We were flying Patrols out of BDA and KEF to confront the Soviet Submarine force. After telling the story a voice in broken English came from a lady in the tour group. She said "Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thank God every night for you, All my life I prayed that you would never give into the Russian’s. The Russians very very bad to the Czechs, they did terrible things to us, killed my friends, now thanks to the United States they are gone and I have my freedom to visit and live in your great country”
big Al I don't think she would agree with you.

Latest resources

Back