• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Crew ID/Security Badge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
that is precisely where you don't want them. you want to do anything you can so as to not be easily recognized as an American. Big Blue Flight Safety Tags in English that say CREW on them are a dead give away.

i don't understand what you mean when you ask "what do you do overseas?" we go all over the world with no issues. We try not to stand out. We wear no uniforms, no crew tags. all wear different clothes. different ties etc. no badges until we need to show them at the airport. simple things.

Amen bruther- don't stick out. Anything that can be done to stay off of the radar is mandatory. Crew tags, uniforms, etc. Don't look like a pilot and blend in. Stealth.

that is precisely where you don't want them. you want to do anything you can so as to not be easily recognized as an American. Big Blue Flight Safety Tags in English that say CREW on them are a dead give away.

i don't understand what you mean when you ask "what do you do overseas?" we go all over the world with no issues. We try not to stand out. We wear no uniforms, no crew tags. all wear different clothes. different ties etc. no badges until we need to show them at the airport. simple things.
Thats what I am saying, you do have them then? You just show them when you need to. We do the same thing, we have the I.D.s but they dont come out till we have to take them out, I thought that by your post you meant that you guys just did not have them.

Thanks all for the info and help. I have been asked at several large FBO's for ID in order to access the ramp thats why I ask. I found it interesting as we are a 91 flight department and just don't have one other that what is needed to get into our corporate office. Any other 91 operators have this issue? All the locations that have asked are in the US.

Thanks again for all the help

Does anyone know where to obtain the "Air Crew" ID/security badges? They all appear to be from either NATA or NBAA although I have looked on both websites and found nothing. Are they for 135 only? Thanks for your help.

Hey Geo,

If you're based at an airport that has airline service, I'd wait a few months, because you're gonna need a badge from your local airport as of June 1 per SD-1542-04-08f.

Latest resources

Back