AINonline: Flexjet Adds Embraer Legacy 450 to Fractional Fleet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Facade? Burn!

One of the arguments the nay-sayers kept throwing around was how a union will ruin our culture and our service and yada yada. They would point to stats regarding sick calls, fatigue calls, the posts on here about "how to preflight a...", and all sorts of stories like "I was in the FBO and overheard an options crew turn down a trip..." That sort of stuff. I never bought it, but others did. And so the Teamster pilots gained a reputation of being a bunch of grumpy slackers. And when anyone who comes on FLIFO (which is probably like, 20 people), they see a bunch of trash talk which doesn't help that reputation.

Enemy as you put it or not, we still have to work with management which requires passion but also professionalism. I don't think all the pointless nicknames and insults is doing any good. Trash talk with each other all you want in the cockpit, but the internet is forever and in my opinion the negativity is a turn off to many people. Pissing off certain key players and making it personal is not going to help either. Just keep it professional is my suggestion.

First off -the Flexjet culture is history. All of this speculation really doesn't pile up to one hill of beans. These guys were never supporters, so I don't care if they feel turned off. This is the new reality and THEY need to wake up. If they don't get on board, that's ok, but they can no longer have any grounds to complain. Either they get on board or expect to get run over. Its their choice. I will not lessen my passion just because their feelings get hurt.

Facade? Burn!

See there you go taking offense where there is none. If are who i assume you are then your gentlemanly demeanor it is by far your most prominent feature.

All I'm saying is sometimes it's not always possible to take it all in stride and these Options guys have factored years of abuse to filter through. I agree with what your saying and wish sometimes these guys would tone it down but I also have enough faith in the average pilot to consider the history and not be offended by the rhetoric.

Imho, people who would honestly stay away from a union they desperately need because of a few Anonymous posters are not admirable, they are weak.

As for NETJETS possible but unlikely. Warren doesn't buy turds. Why would you buy old junk crap when you buy 50 Brand new Globals at a time. And I mean actually buying them sitting on the ramp. Not like KR announcing 50-100 and getting nothing. Anyone see the model of the supersonic in KCGF. It replaced the Envoy. what's a Envoy? EXACTLY !!!

The biggest problem (or obstacle) to netjets buying Flex would be owner contracts.

Netjets could easily buy Flex. They'd probably disposed of the aircraft. Afterall NJA wants the clients, not the airplanes... buying Flex and getting rid of the airplanes would be the easy part

Flex owners would have to pay more and agree to diferent terms and diferent contracts. Or Netjets would have to accept the contracts Flex gave those owners. That's gotta be a huge obstacle

Last edited:
This Rumor has been popping up around Flops for years. And Flex is Flops ( only thing left is the name) I am pretty sure we don't have anything Netjets would ever be interested in. In fact years ago warren was asked about his competition KR. And his reply was " who's KR? "

Any Netjets guys care to chime in????

The thing is JCBA. Really, that's what we should be focusing on.

Here's a off subject comment. Just read article southwest is getting new uniforms. They were designed by their own employees and professionalism was main goal
A word that has never been used to describe dead label uniforms

Latest resources

Back