• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AINonline: Flexjet Adds Embraer Legacy 450 to Fractional Fleet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're telling flexjet pilots that they better support the union or Mr Ricci will give them a pay cut? Can you prove that? If not, then it's fear, uncertainty, and doubt. Pure speculation and spreading rumors will not win anyone over. You need to deal in facts.

And instead of working on the flex pilots why don't you worry about all of the non MIGS at options? A lot of your fellow pilots do not support the union. Why haven't they woken up?

We have our group of idiots never said we didn't. Difference is we got 10 15% idiots and you guys have 90-95% idiots And I never said " you better support the union" I have only said what this place looks like without a union. Cause I lived it. That's the reason we have a union. It's not spreading FUD it's learning from History. Some people never learn and some people learn when it's to late. Which one are you?

Any Flex guys wake up yet???? Naahhh!!!

You're telling flexjet pilots that they better support the union or Mr Ricci will give them a pay cut? Can you prove that? If not, then it's fear, uncertainty, and doubt. Pure speculation and spreading rumors will not win anyone over. You need to deal in facts.

And instead of working on the flex pilots why don't you worry about all of the non MIGS at options? A lot of your fellow pilots do not support the union. Why haven't they woken up?

Do you really think with no union on property Ricci is gonna keep your 170000 salary guys that hi? Do you really think that? Prove it? We have 23 years working for him and the last idiot CEO. What do you think Sylvestro meant " it's gonna be a challenge getting Flex folded into FLOPS structure". You can't be this naive.

You are absolutely an idiot. NO I don't have to prove it! You prove that's not what he wants to do. He has repeated himself so many times, I think you are still asleep. If the Flex guys at the top don't get on board, they will be the first targets. Kenn knows, without the Union, He can cut their pay and they will do NOTHING about it. As for the non MIGS, most of them are misfits anyway. They went to Flex to spread KR's FUD and make you think things will be better without the Union. Well I lived without the Union and I know better.

Your methods for trying to gain union support are not working and if anything are turning people off. You should try being professional at all times and dealing with only facts.

Ok I'll bite, these 4 items are with no union, we don't need to spread rumors, we have enough facts/info/experiences over the last 14 years with the 3 bad managements here at FLOPS (2002-2016)

Ricci plan........"Slide to Parity"........(we dubbed it Slide to poverty)
what is was, You upgrade to a bigger plane and you start at year 1 Capt pay for that plane. You stayed at your pay, you just didnt' get a pay raise for a number of years untill it caught up. this was around 2003 when he did this plan.

Ricci plan......."SFO" get 100,000 after 20 years (2002)
what it was, you get inducted into the SFO club and get 100,000 after 20 years, Please, anybody, show me somebody that got that money. This was talked about in FLOPS indoc by Ricci himself.

Ricci plan.......long term pay for parking (2002)
what it was, Riccis own words "I pay enough in fuel that the FBO needs to let you park and they need to get you to the airport" I don't pay for parking. Indoc (2002)

Sherringa plan.......Tier 1,2,3 domiciles
what it was, Email on Friday ( i think around 2008) saying if you lived in a Tier 3 domicile you either had to move to a Tier 1 or 2 airport or find a new job. Nice hu? this was from an email.

somebody please add to this

Last edited:
Your methods for trying to gain union support are not working and if anything are turning people off. You should try being professional at all times and dealing with only facts.

The problem is even when you are dealing with facts the opposition is so good with the twisting and false outrage it all gets lost in the mix. Your ethics are commendable but the reality is they're not as effective as you think they are.

While I generally agree with you, I can't blame these Options guys for being frustrated and saying what they're rightly thinking.

One thing going for the Options guys is they have passion. It would not appear many (including, maybe especially, in union leadership) at Flexjet have any passion.

Someone who is always so worried about not ruffling any feathers is someone who doesn't care about the outcome. We need to think about that FACT when we consider these things.

So let me ask you CLUB ORD FO... do you have any real passion or principles worth losing your job over? Because trust me, if you don't, Ricci will find a way either by false promises (fok) or demoralization (furloughs) to get the better of you by the time this is over if you don't.

Ricci's complete and utter disregard for his responsibilities to 1000 employees as chairman all based in some petty, petulant hatred of a group of 30 that dare stand up for the 1000 is narcissistic and evil.

You do realize with our own Flexjet eyes and ears we have heard him admit he intends to overwork and underpay us at every opportunity and only reward (in the short term) pawns he can use in his union passing contest, right?

You are hating on the wrong (anonymous) people when your real enemy is known and you still refuse to throw any deserved punches his way, all in the name of retaining your gentlemanly facade.

Facade? Burn!

I can respect passion, and it's good to see that in folks, but if that passion just comes off as anger I don't think it's effective.

As for me personally, I'd say I have some passion in all this mess as I am more involved than most, but if it was truly top of the scale I'd have been on the organizing committee & in a leadership position now. Which I'm not, so clearly I can't claim I have as much passion as some.

One of the arguments the nay-sayers kept throwing around was how a union will ruin our culture and our service and yada yada. They would point to stats regarding sick calls, fatigue calls, the posts on here about "how to preflight a...", and all sorts of stories like "I was in the FBO and overheard an options crew turn down a trip..." That sort of stuff. I never bought it, but others did. And so the Teamster pilots gained a reputation of being a bunch of grumpy slackers. And when anyone who comes on FLIFO (which is probably like, 20 people), they see a bunch of trash talk which doesn't help that reputation.

Enemy as you put it or not, we still have to work with management which requires passion but also professionalism. I don't think all the pointless nicknames and insults is doing any good. Trash talk with each other all you want in the cockpit, but the internet is forever and in my opinion the negativity is a turn off to many people. Pissing off certain key players and making it personal is not going to help either. Just keep it professional is my suggestion.

This all may be a moot point. Rumor is NetJets is buying Flex from DAC. Anyone in the know care to comment?
Also Options would not be part of the deal.

Latest resources

Back