AIN: Citing 50% Growth, Flexjet Goes on Pilot Hiring Spree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BlueNose

Fractional provider Flexjet plans to hire a “significant number” of pilots to handle a 50-percent year-over-year increase in business year-to-date, the company announced today. “I am pleased that we are once again hiring experienced pilots from outside the company. The hiring of new pilots signals a landmark in Flexjet’s growth,” said Flexjet CEO Michael Silvestro.

Pilot slots at Flexjet are available in light through super-midsize jets—namely the Embraer Phenom 300 and Legacy 450 and Bombardier Learjet 75LXi and Challenger 350. This includes aircraft under its premium Red Label offering, which has been adopted by 38 percent of all Flexjet owners since its launch in late 2015.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...ing-50-growth-flexjet-goes-pilot-hiring-spree

Last edited:
They haven't even issued recalls for the furloughed pilots yet.

Flexjet LTD. a subsidiary of Flexjet announces the addition of 10 Nextant xti and one large cabin aircraft to its fleet to service it's customers in Europe.
Source: press release dated 6/6/2017.

What growth? The only thing I see is the retiring of the FO brand forcing customers over to the Flex side giving the appearance of growth. That along with pilot attrition and the vsp cause the need for additional bodies!

- - - Updated - - -

Are there even anymore pilots on the furlough?

More to that point above, it has been confirmed by no other than our Red Label director that the only product being offered to customers in the specific aircraft is a Red Label product. Do the math on contract renewal and it looks like we are perhaps shrinking.

You cannot claim victory or market success when you have no competition (other than your own lr-45 or phenoms) to compare.

I think we can all admit we've been needing more bodies for some time now. Between people running for the hills and furloughs we have been stripped barer than bare. However management says we are right-sized and we need the bodies for more growth.

So then only one of two things can be true:

1.) We can expect to see 50% more planes on the property here really soon.

OR

2.) The way Ricci intends to run this show is through charalatan press releases, bought awards and articles while he squeezes and abuses every last ounce of blood from his pilots with the reality being minimal hiring to account for the attrition due to extremely vindictive management styles.

Have you seen any indication we are getting 50% more planes? Or should we expect to learn the truth this is just Ricci's swindling way of claiming victory after he ****ed up bigtime in his vendetta against the IBT to the point of stagnating our opportunities.

Flex pilots are starting to see the light of the ****show giving Tricci another year would have meant. Now it's up to our union leadership to pivot that realization into support.

It really is just shooting yourself in the foot to remain unaligned. I know many are waiting to see the outcome of arbitration before they throw their support but my fear is that will be a day late and literally a dollar short.

More to that point above, it has been confirmed by no other than our Red Label director that the only product being offered to customers in the specific aircraft is a Red Label product. Do the math on contract renewal and it looks like we are perhaps shrinking.

You cannot claim victory or market success when you have no competition (other than your own lr-45 or phenoms) to compare.

I think we can all admit we've been needing more bodies for some time now. Between people running for the hills and furloughs we have been stripped barer than bare. However management says we are right-sized and we need the bodies for more growth.

So then only one of two things can be true:

1.) We can expect to see 50% more planes on the property here really soon.

OR

2.) The way Ricci intends to run this show is through charalatan press releases, bought awards and articles while he squeezes and abuses every last ounce of blood from his pilots with the reality being minimal hiring to account for the attrition due to extremely vindictive management styles.

Have you seen any indication we are getting 50% more planes? Or should we expect to learn the truth this is just Ricci's swindling way of claiming victory after he ****ed up bigtime in his vendetta against the IBT to the point of stagnating our opportunities.

Flex pilots are starting to see the light of the ****show giving Tricci another year would have meant. Now it's up to our union leadership to pivot that realization into support.

It really is just shooting yourself in the foot to remain unaligned. I know many are waiting to see the outcome of arbitration before they throw their support but my fear is that will be a day late and literally a dollar short.

Would it be possible for you to confirm the confirmation regarding Red Label as the "only offering"?

When was this said and was it actually the Vice President of Red Label Programs himself or just hearsay?

Everyone heard the NEW Red Label motto? "It's Not My Plane"

And that new "motto" was coined by the guy who claims he was "kicked off" the SLI committee.

I heard it from a non union supporter he was directly asked at the training center the question "is it true the only way to buy a share in a legacy or challenger is to buy it as a Red Label share?" and he replied yes.

I have confirmed this with our sales guys. If you want to be on a Phenom that is pretty much the only way you are not put in the RL bucket.

Next time you are flying RL customers ask them how they like the program. To date my track record is 100% quizzical faces that ask "What is Red Label"? These people have no idea they are RL owners.

I know one owner I have a particularly good relationship with told me he was given incentives to stay that far exceeded what he could get elsewhere and he shows up as RL now. He wasn't aware of what RL was either but liked the savings. So how can the program be a success if we are giving it away?

Be careful out there. The nazis are in full force.

Latest resources

Back