Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rajflyboy

Mixed feelings if this happens

for the ones that came here with FULL pensions from the majors... it’s time for you to go.. you have taken more than you have given from this career. For the 79 year olds... it’s time to go

for the others who did not have massive retirements from somewhere else or had to take early outs ... I feel bad that you folks may be behind a bit on your retirement plans or may not get to finish your careers in the manner you wanted too

I'm all for it

"for the ones that came here with FULL pensions from the majors... it’s time for you to go.. you have taken more than you have given from this career. For the 79 year olds... it’s time to go"

Agree.

1- For some of you in your late 60s, and most of you in your 70s, you have to understand and accept that YOU ARE NOT good at this anymore.

2-You had a good career, you had your glory, hang it up and allow a young guy to have a shot at one.. Don't postpone retirement until you start failing check rides, or you notice people calling in sick just to avoid flying with you. This rule should take care of that

3- I'm sure most of You old dudes understand that the company has the burden of finding and keeping enough qualify pilots to crew the aircraft, and this age 65 rule will make this place a bit more attractive

4- How do you think our passengers feel every time they see a 70 year old jump in the cockpit? I heard owners have complained about that, I and think we all agree it should've never come to that

Last edited:
This effort has nothing to do with ability, and everything to do with finding a way to reduce payroll...easy Pickens by axing 300 then backfilling with year 1 FOs, of they can find enough to work there...

As for the above from CAL, any day you wish to try and out fly my ass just say so, I’m all in...you’re probably one of those that can’t fly a visual approach without flying formation with the command bars. IDIOT!

This effort has nothing to do with ability, and everything to do with finding a way to reduce payroll...easy Pickens by axing 300 then backfilling with year 1 FOs, of they can find enough to work there...

As for the above from CAL, any day you wish to try and out fly my ass just say so, I’m all in...you’re probably one of those that can’t fly a visual approach without flying formation with the command bars. IDIOT!

Well

you should have told your 79 year old brothers to give it up. They are the ones screwing it up for the 65 to 70 year old crowd that is honestly trying to build up the retirement a little more.

How many pilots will be affected by this rule at NJ ?

Everyone is affected. We will all go from the ability to fly past 65, to having that decision made for us. Perhaps if we weren't literally having people flying until they stroke out on the job, the age issue wouldn't be on the company's radar, but, this is the reality we face.

True iMAC

but the 65 rule has already hurt us in the 121 world

65 rule meant many of us were not hired into good desirable jobs

Latest resources

Back