Age Min?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Becks

I am 20 with 1225/123 flight time and a four degree in finance. I would like to get hired this summer, many regional’s have an age requirement of at least 21. Do they make any exceptions?

Becks said:
I am 20 with 1225/123 flight time and a four degree in finance. I would like to get hired this summer, many regional’s have an age requirement of at least 21. Do they make any exceptions?

When did you start college? 16?

I've heard stories about an FO at AWAC that was hired at NINETEEN!

There was also a 19 or 20 year old hired at CHQ in the summer of 2004 when I was interning; I dont think he had a degree as he was younger than I was...

Becks said:
Yea 16 i know it sounds crazy been instructing since i was 18 fulltime and school full time

Well good luck to you. I dont know that there are too many set in stone rules with the regionals anymore!

sorry if i ask but why dont you use your degree in finance for money and fly with some of those wealthy individuals that own airplanes for fun. but,... you are in a very good position to try this aviation thing out and bail if you dont want to go on with it.

I'd say apply anywhere man. My buddy is the guy that got hired at AWAC a couple months ago at 19 and he was in a similar situation as you. A lot of the companies had a 21 year old age min but he went for it anyway. Seems like its workin out for him...

If you have a BA in Finance, then you should be smart enough to avoid this industry. Have you read any newpapers lately? Do the smart thing and fly for fun.

-TG

TinGoose1 said:
If you have a BA in Finance, then you should be smart enough to avoid this industry. Have you read any newpapers lately? Do the smart thing and fly for fun.

-TG

No offense, but no one should try to make a decision for someone else. I give him credit for following his dream at such a young age.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back