Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age limit will increase to 67 by years end.

• Thread starter pave driver
  • Start date
  • Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My point is how much empirical evidence do we need to know how that generation is and has been and respond accordingly- we need to get as organized and do work on our own behalf - and ********************ing fight them proactively

Because you aren't a Baby Boomer and they are, which just makes them better than, more worthy, deserving, and just than the rest of us. They are entitled to benefit from the rules and then change the rules those rules no longer benefit them. If you don't agree with them they then call you a bigot, or Nazi or racist. These are the same folks that brought us scoped out 19 then 30 then 50 now 72 seat flying when they started at mainline in those same size airplanes. They also brought us B scale. It's all good as long as it benefits them. I'm on board the boat so let's pull up the ladder!

That's the feeling I get, too, but then I'm "immature and not open to iMput"(sic).

Because you aren't a Baby Boomer and they are, which just makes them better than, more worthy, deserving, and just than the rest of us. They are entitled to benefit from the rules and then change the rules those rules no longer benefit them. If you don't agree with them they then call you a bigot, or Nazi or racist. These are the same folks that brought us scoped out 19 then 30 then 50 now 72 seat flying when they started at mainline in those same size airplanes. They also brought us B scale. It's all good as long as it benefits them. I'm on board the boat so let's pull up the ladder!
Because that is how it work in a union airline, the senior guys protect themselves. Someone you too will be senior

Because that is how it work in a union airline, the senior guys protect themselves. Someone you too will be senior

First this whole discussion is about a change in Federal Law and ICAO standard not a union issue. Second in my world it isn't about only protecting my own interests but what is best for the for the group and profession as a whole. For example I was flying with a Sr. Captain and discussing why our reserve issues need to be corrected in this contract. He disagreed and then asked why I cared because I wasn't on reserve. I don't think you could draw a better picture of differing generational thinking.

Nailed it.

Mmm who says YOU have to fly 'til 65? Don't think so, that would be YOUR choice right?

You missed my point or didn't comprehend my post. I said in order to get the same number of years as captain I have to fly to 65. I didn't say I have to fly to 65. I realize I have that choice.

All captains when the rule changed could choose to be a captain for 5 EXTRA years. I don't have that choice. Do you understand that? Gummers got to make a choice young pilots don't get to make. My choice is work until I'm 65 so I'm a captain the same number of years as before the rule changed or retire "early" and be a captain for less time.

As opposed to the "get out of my Seat" campaign for another pilot's seniority.

How about you put your money where your mouth is and hire some of these old guys you think are so great. Matter of fact, hire only these old guys who want things handed to them and think it's their right to stab younger pilots in the back. You tell your superior that you want to hire only pilots who are 70+ because you're convinced their special. Do that and see how long you can keep the doors open to that place.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back