• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 67?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My greed? I was kicked out of the 121 cockpit in Sept 2003 when I turned 60. or is my greed that I still fly as a DA-20 Captain in 135?

As I told you a few post back (you must have missed it) it's not necessarily you personally, it's your ilk.

pilotyip said:
This is funny this could easily be the trademark of the over 60 pilots. Over 60 pilot talking "Is it OK for those youngsters to want my seat, they think that are entitled to it? But it is not OK for me to feel entitled to it.":laugh:

Except the over 60 guy only got that seat in the first place by other over 60 guys leaving. For the thirtieth (at least) time, yip, I don't want more than what you had, I just don't want less.

I guess these guys should pivot their anger towards those hired much younger than they were. I mean if you're a 45 yr old F/O and there's some CA who's 35 and senior to you, the CA is just a greedy SOB for being captain for so long and blocking your upgrade.

Always a fresh harvest of folks to blame for your ills when you abdicate responsibility for your own life.

Always a fresh harvest of folks to blame for your ills when you abdicate responsibility for your own life.

Just like there's always an *********************************** to tell you to suck it up, right?

when is age 67 going to happen?

My stab in the dark is 2016. That's about when I'd expect to start seeing another 'pilot shortage'. I've been wrong plenty of times in the past so take that guesstimate with a large grain of salt.

, yip, I don't want more than what you had, I just don't want less.
You mean your have set your sights to finish your career working for a non-sked flying 40-50 years old airplanes out of KYIP? I have never made more than $65K as a line pilot. Management is where the money and job security is.

You mean your have set your sights to finish your career working for a non-sked flying 40-50 years old airplanes out of KYIP? I have never made more than $65K as a line pilot. Management is where the money and job security is.

Good thing you got bumped out in 2003 then, isn't it? You'd stay til 90, given the chance, since you never made more than 65K.

And yet again, I'm not necessarily talking about you personally, I mean your generation. Again.

Good thing you got bumped out in 2003 then, isn't it? You'd stay til 90, given the chance, since you never made more than 65K.

And yet again, I'm not necessarily talking about you personally, I mean your generation. Again.
What! now you don't want to be like me, live the fantastic adventure of the on-demand world at KYIP. The key to a successful retirement, live below your means, and invest to the maximum. I will actually have more in retirement than I did when I was working, of course that Navy retirment check is nice to have.

BTW If I am on the green side of hte grass and have a medical, I will be flying at age 90, even for a living if someone will pay me.

Suppose you replaced the word "generation" with "race" or "gender". How would that come across? Why do folks try to get away with slurs against people of a different age or body size when society has taken away their keys to racial and gender bigotry?

You choose to hate. Big Bird taught me that!:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back