Age 65 Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey PCL-

Hilarious to hear a PFT'er talk about other people being in their way. I guess it is the way you guys think.

Too many CFIs and freight dogs who paid their dues were in front of you, I guess.

When you are cooling your heels at whatever major you wind up at waiting for your upgrade, he11 - where is your checkbook, anyway??

kngarthur said:
You mean I'm going to have to wait until 65 to smoke weed!

Damn skippy........i'm gonna retire at 45 for that exact reason :pimp:

why delay the happiness for any longer than I have to ??

Thank goodness the email included all the voting senators, which i promptly emailed everyone of them asking for their support to vote YES......

You guys who dont want it extended are complete idiots, naive and short sighted to say the least. This will help EVERYONE. So you make captain a few years later, so what. Youll be one for that much longer. Yeah im older, and yeah i had a good financial plan, but guess what?? LIFE happened... Marriage, kids, sick kids, health issues,divorce, etc... We'll see how you feel about it when youre out of daipers..

What I don't like is that the government makes you retire at 60 and then penalizes you for retiring early. What is that all about!?!

Chase someone out of the cockpit that has experience and skill (gets 6 mo physicals and checkrides) does not seem to be very smart. The age 60 rulke was cooked up in a smoke filled back room so the "big wigs" of aviation could get the high paid experienced pilots out of the way.

This sounds like something they are doing now but in a different way. If one wants to work and can continue then why not let them?

If this is true in the rest of the world why not here?

Email your senator with your opinion to VOTE YES!

For all the pro age 60 retirement age pilots, put it in your union contract that is the mandatory retirement age, but don't force your opinions down on the rest of us.

Latest resources

Back