• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AGE 65 Victory Party

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've always believed that if a guy isn't financially ready at 60 his situation will be no different at 65. Anyone that thinks otherwise either doesn't understand human nature or doesn't want to admit it. Looks like you are onto it though.

That's cool that you've always believed that. Have you believed that since you were a kid? Pretty cool. Maybe it's not about money and they fact they want to work? Why is it that most multi-millionaires in business work through 65? Because they really like what they do (maybe most hate their wives as most pilots seem to do).

That's cool that you've always believed that. Have you believed that since you were a kid? Pretty cool. Maybe it's not about money and they fact they want to work? Why is it that most multi-millionaires in business work through 65? Because they really like what they do (maybe most hate their wives as most pilots seem to do).

Most of those multi-millionaires working through 65 were probably multi-millionaires long before they were 60. If a guy loves to fly and wants to go past 60, I'm happy for him.

As for your mockery of me, stick it in your ear. I've always thought you were a jerk, ever since I was a kid.

Last edited:
I've always believed that if a guy isn't financially ready at 60 his situation will be no different at 65. Anyone that thinks otherwise either doesn't understand human nature or doesn't want to admit it. Looks like you are onto it though.

If you were in their position, you'd be gladly paying for drinks at the bar-guarantee it. If you think otherwise, you either don't understand human nature or you don't want to admit it.

If you were in their position, you'd be gladly paying for drinks at the bar-guarantee it. If you think otherwise, you either don't understand human nature or you don't want to admit it.

Yea, you are right, they should have their party and enjoy themselves. I was referring back to the loud whiners bitching and moaning about discrimination over and over and over, which really has nothing to do with their party and this thread. Sorry, my bad.

Having a good party is human nature at its best, I must admit. Party on fellas. Jonjuan, go stick it in your ear now.

Last edited:

Jonjuan, it's about the money. It's always been about the money, there's no other reason for it. To think otherwise is incredibly naive.

As far as the party, I hear they're offsetting the cost with catering from Luby's Cafeteria, but dinner has been moved to 4:30 PM sharp to take advantage of the early bird special.

I've always believed that if a guy isn't financially ready at 60 his situation will be no different at 65.

Vetrider: Very well put. Of course there's one difference, 5 years less retirement. These guys don't care, they won't admit it but they want to fly till they die.

Guys...go get some help. This anger will only hurt you. Get help !!! Go see your Chief Pilot and discuss this with them.

No doubt they will point you in the right direction.

I don't know why you are sooo hung up on AAPAD's dinner. As my congressman told me over a year ago...

..."Age 60 will change when ALPA gets on board with it....until then...it isn't going to happen."

Latest resources

Back