Age 65 proposal from another board

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
andy,

....as far as those over 60 going to the right seat ALPA will NEVER allow this. they want the CA's 2% and not the FO's 2%. economically to them, it doesn't make sense.

???

If this doesn't change the total # of CAs and FOs how does it change what ALPA collects?

They'd still be getting their 2% from the same # of Capts and FOs....it would just be different people sitting in those seats sending in checks, wouldn't it?

???

If this doesn't change the total # of CAs and FOs how does it change what ALPA collects?

They'd still be getting their 2% from the same # of Capts and FOs....it would just be different people sitting in those seats sending in checks, wouldn't it?

Agreed, I think the dues might actually go down if this goes through. All the Ropes will move back to the front, force a slide backwards for everybody else; now those back seats will be filled with junior guys making much less than the old guys(54-70 vice 120 here at purple).

Agreed, I think the dues might actually go down if this goes through. All the Ropes will move back to the front, force a slide backwards for everybody else; now those back seats will be filled with junior guys making much less than the old guys(54-70 vice 120 here at purple).

OK, copy that logic.....however, if hiring does slow (or stop) the avg yrs of experience in the back goes up in the short-term (i.e. little to no "new hires" anymore, who don't pay any first year dues)....I really hope ALPA doesn't make any decisions based on the amount of $ they collect, but hey I've been naive on other issues before.

If a change does occur, I think we need to fight tooth and nail to keep age 60 as the min age to retire with full benefits (i.e. no penalty for retiring between age 60 and 64)....I think those battles will need to be fought at each airline over the next few contacts. Hopefully, FEDEX can help lead the charge and set the standard.

OK, what I was trying to say was:

Don't hold your breath on age 60 retirement. Perhaps for one cycle of contracts, because the senior [ALPA] folks will fight tooth and nail for it in the short term, since it benefits them. After that, we won't have enough negotiating power to fight this battle, along with all the others.

This will cause several hundred thousand dollars in lost income to everyone who wants to be a captain some day. Think how pissed you'd be if they came an stole your house from you, that's about what this amounts to.

ALPA member in good standing, but with a bad attitude!!

Actually, if I caught some old ba$tard putting the wheels back on my house and trying to steal it, he'd get his a$$ beat. Unfortunately, I think walking into ops and knocking heads would have an even more devastating economic impact.

BOHICA

Pipe

Latest resources

Back