• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
Please explain how there is as penalty for leaving at age 60, other than your not have saved as much money by then, and if that's the case by working longer you will just have to work until you have what you need. Isn't age 65 a win-win for everyone in the long term?

Move up, you make more money. Don't move up, you don't. Simple as that. Factor in the time value of money, and you're in the toilet quick.

Perhaps a good way to also illustrate this, is to point out that you are not intersted in finding another job. You don't want to go to the bottom of the FO list, you don't want to go to rostering and assignments, and you don't want pilots senior and older to you to come back. You're pretty unwilling to compromise; you want five more years and you wnat it off the top. I'm not too interested in simply forfieting some of the better aspects of my career either. The difference is you want five more years of the house's money and I'm still gambling with my own!

It's not simply about working to 65, we both know you could get another job, that's no less a win/win as well.

As I have said before, if this were to be the case and I seriously doubt that there will be any attempts to decrease the Company's portion of the contribution, such an attempt will occure whether or not the age changes. Whether it's age 60 or 65 that will make no difference with regard to the Company's plans and toward the B or C fund.

I'm putting this out there as an advisory, mostly. Be ready to fend the attack off. THe B fund is going to be a lot more important to those junior to you, than to you.

Keep trying though, I would love to hear it.

Hang around then... most of the guys on this thread are like a bunch of old women - too much time on their hands, and nothing to do but complain!

Please explain how there is as penalty for leaving at age 60, other than your not have saved as much money by then, and if that's the case by working longer you will just have to work until you have what you need. Isn't age 65 a win-win for everyone in the long term?

UMMM, let me think.

NO!

Actually I love flying. Since this is about love of flying, a 135 job should fulfill your needs quite nicely after 60.

BTW, your last FO called -- HE HATES FLYING (now).

Last edited:
Actually I love flying.
BTW, your last FO called -- HE HATES FLYING (now).

He'll be ok. He plans on joining the FA's and me for MiaTia's at Chuck's.

Pipe: Your invited anytime too, and its a special invite for my 60th in HNL. I'll be flying back. The jumpseat is open both ways.

Latest resources

Back