• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
You never answer my questions. I'll answer that one when a Vietnam Veteran with a Purple Heart who's been shot at (and can prove it!) asks me the question.

Got any more stories that you've stolen from veterans? :puke:

UF-

Andy still has the right to go to any one of hundreds-of-thousands of aviation positions after age 60 -- as do you. You retain this right thanks, in part, to Andy's military service.

I will be sure to bid Jan 30 off. That is the day that planes begin falling out of the sky - right?

PIPE

Is this what the Vietnam vets fought for, to be insulted by smart a$$ kids that want their seat while the foreign pilots steal our livelihood?

UF

I was furloughed, along with 12,000 other smart a$$ kids, after 9/11. Since then, I've flown over 400 combat hours ingressing/egressing USAF heavies in and out of Baghdad and Balad. I've lost count of how many times I've been shot at and had the $hit scared out of me.

I too would like to know more about those smart a$$ kids.

You Sir, are a complete tool.

Just retire with some honor, for Christ's sake. You've known your whole career about the coming day. Interesting you saved your campaign until you're a senior captain. Where was the passion when you were a furloughed copilot?

Andy...You can debate the issues all you want...but I've never heard UF personally deride you, call you names, or wish ill upon you. He debates the issues staying above the belt, and conducts himself as a gentleman on this board IMO. If you're furloughed, he's not the one whose kept you out of a job (he's been in his 50's throughout this exchange)...it's your management that's made some pretty big missteps...and your union is not without blame in this either. You're the one who's sounding like a pompous idiot.

While UF appears to be a class act, you and FD appear to be in class envy....if not class idiots.

You consider people who pose as decorated Vietnam veterans to be class acts? And it isn't the first time in this thread that UF has sunk to this level. As my daughter would say, whatEVER. :rolleyes:

So how would you feel if you had really been in battle in Vietnam, got your a$$ shot at in the jungle, a few metals and a Purple Heart only to find that the foreign pilots are in this country flying with a waiver of the age 60 rule but not this country's veterans? Andy, I applaud your service, but don't you think that your service should give you some right over at least foreigners for whatever it is regarding a right to earn a living in THIS country?

Is this what the Vietnam vets fought for, to be insulted by smart a$$ kids that want their seat while the foreign pilots steal our livelihood?

Hope you fly better than you write. Learning curve in that area seems to be flat.

I gotta go out to the base and try to earn another "metal" now.

PIPE

I gotta go out to the base and try to earn another "metal" now.

ROTFLMAO! Another smart a$$ kid! :beer:

But at least a kid who knows the difference between medal and metal. Maybe he meant metal medal? During Reagan's initial stages of Alzheimers, he was talking to a close friend ... he referred to the books in a room as 'trees' after spending some time trying to find the right word for it.

ROTFLMAO! Another smart a$$ kid! :beer:

But at least a kid who knows the difference between medal and metal. Maybe he meant metal medal? During Reagan's initial stages of Alzheimers, he was talking to a close friend ... he referred to the books in a room as 'trees' after spending some time trying to find the right word for it.

I guess the guy is just mentally drained after pushing all that heavy medal all over they sky!

About half the airline pilots who are reaching age 60 and are being forced to retire are Vietnam vets. I am not one of those, nor did I claim to be be one in any of my prior posts. I am a person who was lucky enough to avoid that nightmare. And that nightmare is all the more reason to give credit to those who had to put up with that war, especially when it was all for nothing.

Now do you recall the Tribune article about Capt. Hinnenkamp. We know that he was one of those that served in Vietnam, but I do remember those, including Andy, who were disrespectful of him for wanting to continue flying. So to you smart a$$es you can not have it both ways. You want something for your service, but don't want to give anything to others who served.

So the question is still out there:

Don't you think that military service, especially in combat, should give that person some right over at least foreigners for whatever it is regarding a right to earn a living in THIS country?

It ain't about rights - it's about what's right. You got yours, you want mine. THAT ain't right.

PIPE

"All truths goes through three stages, First, Undaunted flyer posts it. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, he twists it around to serve his personal circumstances."

Latest resources

Back