• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 informal poll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abolish the Age 60 Rule for other that Part 91 pilots?

• Yea

Votes: 668 35.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 1,214 64.5%

• Total voters
Well, my Dad said that old people are senile and cr@ppy drivers. The point is, who cares what Henry Duffy said his "beliefs" are? My belief is that you should vamoose. Is that any less credible than Duffy's belief? I know your answer, but the real answer is no, it isn't. It is as credible and as valid as Duffy's "belief". Until the ol' Duffer brings out data that prove otherwise his belief will be what it will be. Nada.

My analogy is not perfect but if you fail to get the point then you have just admitted to yourself and everyone else that you are a part of the problem.
Your analogy isn't even in the ballpark. It's not even the same sport (apologies to Jules Winfield).

If you equate your out of left field analogy to the current age 60 rule, then you, sir, not I, are part of the problem.

Well, my Dad said that old people are senile and cr@ppy drivers. The point is, who cares what Henry Duffy said his "beliefs" are? My belief is that you should vamoose. Is that any less credible than Duffy's belief? I know your answer, but the real answer is no, it isn't. It is as credible and as valid as Duffy's "belief". Until the ol' Duffer brings out data that prove otherwise his belief will be what it will be. Nada.

Question...Do you apply the same logic to your Dad's quote as you do to "the 'ol Duffer" in the last part of your statement???

I absolutely do, until pressed to go further in the analogy. The difference is there is plenty of a posteriori data to prove my Dad's point. A fortiori there is plenty of scientific data to support his position. The ol' Duffer has nothing but faith in his position until he presents data to the contrary.

I absolutely do, until pressed to go further in the analogy. The difference is there is plenty of a posteriori data to prove my Dad's point. A fortiori there is plenty of scientific data to support his position. The ol' Duffer has nothing but faith in his position until he presents data to the contrary.

I would suggest-iori that before you line up a posteriori data and then further buttress it with a fortiori data, that you first-iori define "old people" as a subgroup with an applicable age range. You could then tie your data to specific age ranges for valid data points. Until then....your Dad's quote will be what it will be. Nada.

Another great post by Klako. A good analogy. Listen to this man, he's earned his stripes the hard way. No one has a right to steal what he's earned. His house or his job.

No, it's not a great post, it's a worthless and stupid analogy. Earned his stripes the hard way?? Oh sure, just like the rest of us, get hired on and then watch the calendar. Like Phaedrus said, for you to give him an attaboy for that post is just ridiculous.

You and Klako keep harping on the junior guys "stealing" the senior guys jobs. Right. So, Mr. Undaunted, how many senior guys jobs have you "stolen" over the last 37 years as you climbed the seniority list to be a senior 777 captain?

I would suggest-iori that before you line up a posteriori data and then further buttress it with a fortiori data, that you first-iori define "old people" as a subgroup with an applicable age range.

Huh? Careful with that, you're gonna start sounding like Klako...

Prussian, smartass-edness aside, the onus is squarely on those in favor of change. Surely as a real smart, perfectly organized, logical Teutonic you know the basic rules of debate and reason. When that responsibility is fulfilled I'd be happy to respond. 1,026 posts into this melee and not one pro-change advocate has posted a serious case, based on reason, to change this rule.

3B: To even pretend to take that ridiculous positiion unveils pure ignorance or pure stupidity, you choose. 16 year old FO's? 90 year old Captains? Please, present an argument that isn't kindergarten level thinking. I suppose your next assumption will be that discrimination is bad. Guess what? We live in a world of discrimination. It can be bad, but not per se.

Latest resources

Back