Age 60/65 Compromise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Satpak:
Very nice post! I wonder if guys like Klako realize that they benefited their whole life from the "age 60" rule, and now want it changed to further benefit them. Remember, its all about them!

Thanks, but its the truth. Klako provided the material, I just used the keyboard to put it into text formant.

Klako was singing a different tune when he got hired.

The Me-Generation, incredible bunch. I got mine, screw you. etc

Let me see if I've got the age 60 thing right.
If you're older, such as I am, then age 60 is just an arbitrary number picked out of thin air and the reason younger pilots want us to retire is that we're in their seat.
If you're younger then it's that older pilots knew the rules when they took the job, rode the gravy train and now want to hijack it to their own private destination. They, the old goats, are universally senile and must be constantly babysat by the talented young eagles whom they constantly terrify.
We then call each other names that would result in one of us receiving a ferocious beating if we were talking face to face.

What "was" Age 60 rule when you were younger? I am sure you were fighting for a change while you waited for your new-hire interview.

Do you remember your days as a "young Eagle?" Opps, no you don´t. See, for you, "NOW" is all that matters. Not "THEN". Also, "ME" is all that matters.

So as far as Age 60 Change supporters being hypocrits, yeah, you sure got it right.

You actually nailed it on the head.

good job

Last edited:
I never said I cared one way or the other about the Age 60 rule. I just stated the arguments the way I saw them, you then assumed I'm for the change took out your James Carville brush and started painting. I'm happy to pack my gear when I turn 60 but you seem to be a lot more upset about this thing than I am.
Mr. Rogers must be spinning in his grave.

Latest resources

Back