AFP on CBS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did...

Had nothing better to do before work so I gave it a shot. I'm looking forward to when they actually fly, watching them in the SIM brought back too many scary memories!

I watched it and it was pretty interesting!! I dont have any military experience so it gave me a chance to see how they do it. It will definitely be cool to watch when they start flying.

My only two gripes or things i thought were kinda funny were:

1- did anyone notice that the youg guy lt. googy?? rode up to training on his motorcycle...kinda like top gunish??

2- Not trying to knock googy again....but he seemed to be bitchin alot about his two sims he busted. He was saying that they treated him mean and were hammering him with emergency procedures in the sim and he didnt have enough time?? or something to that effect?

I know the training must be pretty intense and i cant speak for the military, but isnt all military training rough like that....or any training for that matter once your at that level?

For all you military guys...please dont take this the wrong way, I cant imagine how tough your training is, just seemed to me that he was a little whiney about it. I know his dream is over if he busts again, maybe he just is ne of the statistics tat wash out.

1900cpt

I watched because a buddy of mine (Shark) is one of the instructors. He told me about this a while back.

I thought it was well done. It ought to be with producers like Tony Scott and Ridley Scott.

I'll watch again next week and not just because my friend is in it.

I can't wait for "American Herk Pilot." Now that would be an AWESOME show. Following a young buck becoming a tactical airlift pilot in what is the most capable aircraft in the Air Force inventory.

I thought the first episode was reasonably done without TOOOOOO much hollywood BS, but I don't think they picked a very accurate cross-section of three average students in the F-15 RTU. I doubt that 2/3 of the students there are O-3s with families, kids and a fighter and instructor tour under their belt. I also think it would have been nice to start off with a little backround as to the path those guys had to take just to make it there (tweets, T-38s, etc.) They make it seem like it only takes three months to build a fighter pilot, when in reality those guys have been busting their asses for over a year prior to walking in that door. I'll be tuning in next week...
I'd be interested to hear the opinions of any Eagle drivers out there.

sorry, I meant a bomber tour under his belt.

DSAVIATION, Funny, I was hoping for a part in American Tweet Pilot!

Sim training is sim training. You are required to show up prepared which means emergency procedures memorized and chair flown. Googy or what ever his name is froze up like a dear in the headlights. He's gone !

Otherwise I felt the show was interesting as long as you can over look the hype. I will try to catch it next week when they have the first flights. I believe one of the newbies blows chunks on his first ride in the Eagle.

Latest resources

Back