AF vs. Navy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MAGNUM!!

Take SIG600 up on his offer and get a ride on and off a boat. Then hang around for 24 hours and watch day and night flight ops. It will change your perspective.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.

Dave - I'd love to get a ride on a Navy tugboat. Could you hook me up with that? That is what you "fly" isn't it...or is the word on the street incorrect? "Dave, the tugboat skipper" - it's got a nice ring to it. :cartman:

Dave - I'd love to get a ride on a Navy tugboat. Could you hook me up with that? That is what you "fly" isn't it...or is the word on the street incorrect? "Dave, the tugboat skipper" - it's got a nice ring to it. :cartman:

Merry Christmas to you Scrapdog. Any in-kind reply from me to your nonsensical taunt would only cause you to go all girly and cry about what a bad guy I am.

So have another glass of Christmas Cheer. I toast your service to your country and your dedication, skill and courage in a dangerous job.

Best wishes for the New Year.

Merry Christmas to you Scrapdog. Any in-kind reply from me to your nonsensical taunt would only cause you to go all girly and cry about what a bad guy I am.

So have another glass of Christmas Cheer. I toast your service to your country and your dedication, skill and courage in a dangerous job.

Best wishes for the New Year.

Ahh Dave, poo poo on you. I love to rile you up so I can read your 3 page posts about how well you execute CAS all by your lonesome self while the entire US Air Force can't match you.

Dave - I've never said you're a bad guy. You are, however, way too spun up and you can be a complete tool. Deep, deep down in that tight Navy flight suit and dixie cup, I think there is a good guy...and sometimes you actually show it, even though you try not too.

And Dear Master Close Air Support Dave, I do as well wish you a happy New year.

I bet I have you beat MAGNUM!! in underway CVN landings, C-2s and multiple helo types, as a rider and not the driver. Facing aft in the C-2 is a weird experience launching and landing.

There's nothing cooler in the world than watching night (or day) carrier ops. Maybe you'll get lucky, break out of your protective cocoon, and get a chance to see that some day.

oh, I didn't realize that you had done all these things Dave. Let me shift you from the "Dork" column of my flightinfo.com tracker to the "Not a Dork" column. Being a pax on someone else's ride is waaaay cooler than anything MAGNUM has probably done. Glad we cleared that one up. MAGNUM, you're taking Dave's place in the "Dork" column... sorry dude.

PS
Sorry to all the fellas that have Dave on their ingore list.

oh, I didn't realize that you had done all these things Dave. Let me shift you from the "Dork" column of my flightinfo.com tracker to the "Not a Dork" column. Being a pax on someone else's ride is waaaay cooler than anything MAGNUM has probably done. Glad we cleared that one up. MAGNUM, you're taking Dave's place in the "Dork" column... sorry dude.

PS
Sorry to all the fellas that have Dave on their ingore list.

Just like you Oh-ryan, MAGNUM!! or Scrapdog have probably never had the opportunity to actually land or launch from a CVN. It would be great for their all around fighter experience to actually experience that, even if they are only riders. It would be the ultimate if they could swing a ride in a Super Hornet F model rather than a C-2. Then you could permanently move them off your Dork list.

Even better if they spent a few hours on the LSO platform next to the #1 wire where he can see flight ops up real close. Then a few hours in PriFly and they can see ops from the perspective of the Air Boss. That should give them a well rounded short course.

Hey, after that they could go to Tailhook. There is a Tailhook party in Charlotte this Thursday as part of the Meineke Car Care Bowl festivities. I don’t think many AF guys will be there.

Salad Tossin' Mamma

The original Salad Tossin' Mamma was an Air Force wife (in Kadena-I hear her hubby had the same affinity). Ahhh, the good old days...

Just like you Oh-ryan, MAGNUM!! or Scrapdog have probably never had the opportunity to actually land or launch from a CVN. It would be great for their all around fighter experience to actually experience that, even if they are only riders. It would be the ultimate if they could swing a ride in a Super Hornet F model rather than a C-2. Then you could permanently move them off your Dork list.

Even better if they spent a few hours on the LSO platform next to the #1 wire where he can see flight ops up real close. Then a few hours in PriFly and they can see ops from the perspective of the Air Boss. That should give them a well rounded short course.

Hey, after that they could go to Tailhook. There is a Tailhook party in Charlotte this Thursday as part of the Meineke Car Care Bowl festivities. I don’t think many AF guys will be there.

Here's your problem, Dave. You have very little idea what happens between launch and trap. Contrary to what you may think, fighter aviation is not all about takeoffs and landings. Me and guys like Scrapdog and SIG are much, much more alike than we are different. Once we're all in the fight, how we got there makes no difference. And, yes, AF jets are just as close to the action as any CVN. The LSO has a front row seat...to the traffic pattern.

I think you need to spend some time in the backseat of an F-16 during a night Red Flag or an actual combat mission sometime. You might just realize how little you actually know.

As for the tailhook party, there will probably be more AF guys there than you realize. Further, the Navy fighter pilots in attendance have more in common with the AF fighter pilots than with you. Where did all this animosity for all things USAF originate, anyway? Most mids drop that ******************** once they graduate.

Dave you need to just shut up. The carrier is nothing more than a mobile airport. AF guys play their part just like Navy guys, and you haven't earned the right to take either side, or bash anyone from either community. Generally you suck as a person and I wish you'd quit trying to represent for my community. I barely have the right to say anything... you sure as HELL don't.

Last edited:

Dave you are such an ignorant fool. I was in naval aviation for 11 years. Don't you think I may have had some up close and personal exposure to carrier operations during that time? I'll let you ponder that question while you continue to nibble on your foot. I also will just leave it that, because unlike you, I do not feel the need to justify my comments by providing you and everyone else a resume of my accomplishments. I understand why you feel you must do it... I probably would as well if I posted on a SPECOPS message board and I wasn't actually a SEAL or Ranger, etc.

Also, who cares anyway... your wet dream is carrier ops, mine isn't. I respect your love for the boat, just as I respect those who serve on it. Unlike you, I do not think any less of those who did not serve on it. I also do not have the narrowminded attitude of "If you ain't been to the boat you aint sh!t". It's pretty myopic of you to think that CVN ops is the cat's meow and that nothing else compares. Unless you've experienced EVERYTHING there is to do in life it is ignorant of you to make that claim.

Oh well, I am looking forward to some whitty P-3 retort as well as reading about all the other great things you've done and witnessed others do from a pax seat of a CVN aircraft. Forgive me if I don't repond in the future.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back