Aeroplanner or Jepp Internet Flight Planner

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BenderGonzales

Looking for internet flight planning with a little bit more detail than you can find on flightplan.com or DUAT.

I especially like the ability to print the "trip-tik" sized enroute strips. Looks like Aeroplanner will also print NOS charts for destination and alternate airports.

They're both within $5 of each other for a annual subscription. Does anyone have any experience with these and, if so, which would you recommend and why?

Thanks!

As far as I know, JIFP will not print terminal procedures, so if that's a consideration, go with Aeroplanner.

I used aeroplanner for a few checkrides and a few flights when I was training at Airman. I was always happy with the quality and the idea that not only could I plan and print using IFR charts, but also VFR sectional charts. That made it nice for the cross country for the Commercial checkride. Print, cut, staple, present to examiner and it went over very well.

I don't use either now, just Jeppesen's NavSuite which is FliteStar, JeppView and FliteDeck all in one. I like it because most of my flights are IFR, so printing the trip-tik (like AAA) for the flights is very convenient and I can do all of the terminal charts along the way as possible diversions.

Unfortunately, this laptop is junk right now and until I can get the motherboard replaced, I can't really use it "EFB-style" as I want to, but rather I carry the binders with me in case I need to divert someplace I hadn't printed.

I like it for a few reasons.
1. Perfectly legal for my pt 91 flights.
2. Convenient as all hell.
3. Easy revisions, I download from the internet. With aeroplanner or JIFP, you don't even need to do that.
4. Print what I want and don't have to worry about having all of the NDB approaches into podunk when I'm flying into ORD and only going to be on the ILS.
5. Integrates the weather right into the flight plan (I believe aeroplanner does this too) so the navlog is within a few minutes of actual.

You can't go wrong with either, though if you're looking for something to print terminal charts, I don't belive JIFP provides that for you. If you're just looking to have the enroutes and you'll be carrying paper TPPs, then either is fine.

IMHO

-mini

PS
Personally, for $90/month, NavSuite is well worth it.

$90 a month seems a bit steep...

Internet flight planner is $120 a year, which i'm ok with and, worst case scenario I could print the NOS approach plates from the AOPA website for free. (If only I could figure out how to print 2 per page on landscape format)

$90 a month seems a bit steep...

Depends on what you're using it for.

For flight planning and navlog printing? I'd say so. For a fully functioning (when the mboard gets replaced - two weeks from now) EFB? Not bad at all.

What charts are you most comfy with, NACO or Jepp?

-mini

Latest resources

Back