Aerobatic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

Can anybody recommend any aerobatic aircraft kits perferebly a tailwheel.Also can any of these be used for cross countries?Thanks

Define aerobatic. Do you just want to do the occasional loop, roll and spin? Or do you want an aircraft suitable for all the standard inside/outside manuevers and lomecvaks? There's quite a few that match the first catagory, not many that suit the latter that make decent X-country machines.

For recreational aerobatics, look at the RV series. RV-7 if you want side by side, RV-8 if you want tandem seating. The RV-9 and RV-10 are NOT aerobatic. Great cross country airplanes, too.

I agree with Fraccapt. Look no further than the RV series. While something more "unique" may seem attractive to some, I think as a first time builder the wealth of data, experience, help and information available for the RV series outweighs any "style" points. Not that the RVs don't look good, I've seen some outstanding examples, but people's tastes do differ.

FracCapt said:
For recreational aerobatics, look at the RV series. RV-7 if you want side by side, RV-8 if you want tandem seating. The RV-9 and RV-10 are NOT aerobatic. Great cross country airplanes, too.

I saw on RV-8 do the Sportsman routine, he didn't score that well, but he was able to all the maneuvers.

ShawnC said:
I saw on RV-8 do the Sportsman routine, he didn't score that well, but he was able to all the maneuvers.

Well, if you're running an RV-8 against a bunch of Edge 540's, Extra 300's, and Pitts....it's not going to do well. For basic, recreational aerobatics, the RV series is more than enough.

Latest resources

Back