Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1900dr

1900dr
Anyone currently flying for Aero Jet Services in Scottsdale, AZ would like to share some info on QOL, pay (especially on the Lears) etc. Good company to work for? Pros and Cons associated with the daily operations/management interaction. Would greatly appreciate any info.

I can't tell you too much about it except that its pretty new. I ran into the gal who owns / started it in a hotel elevator (good looking woman but didn't project a business owner "prescence"). She said she just moved from California and opened it up as an FBO and the frac op is pretty new to them. Either this lady was f.o.s. or was really who she said she was, but it seemed that they are fledglings at this point.

Aero Jet has been THE bottom-feeder, (as far as pilot pay and QOL are concerned) charter/management company at SDL for many years. I should qualify that statement by disclosing that feeding on the bottom in the SDL market is relative and that there are other companies on the airfield that are marginally better, but still operating in the "5 jets, 9 pilots" mentality.

Be sure to meet the chief pilot. An eloquent gent who's IQ belies the sharp wit that surely lies beneath the neanderthal persona that I found so charming while flying with this chap.

Ask about schedule, (still a four-letter word in these parts).
Ask about signing a training contract for initial AND recurrent that you are funding with your own credit facility and that they co-sign for.

Get the picture?

I fly with a guy that use to work at Aero Jet and have heard nothing good from him...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back