• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aerial Banners Inc???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If that thats the company that uses Pawnees, I worked with a guy who flew for them, dont remember him saying anything too bad about them

They fly ghetto old pawnees out of north perry (highly modified and certified as limited i belive). As far as banner towing goes their a good opperation, but they are still very ghetto. I think they want 500tt. i hear its fun but those old planes dont come home all the time, so u better be good at forced landings. They also use junior pilots to build the banners.

jws717 said:
They fly ghetto old pawnees out of north perry.... i hear its fun but those old planes dont come home all the time, so u better be good at forced landings.

Be good at forced landing's in anything that you run the gas out of. I had a good time there towing and got some good experiance. The Pawnees' were in pretty decient shape when I was there in '02. It's a working airplane a little rough around the edges but safe and solid. I would not want to be in any other plane than a Pawnee if I had to land off field.

You'd be better off to go with Jimmy Butler's Aerial Sign. Jimmy's a good guy - smart, looks after his pilots and his modified J-3's are amazing.

GV

Good outfit

You'd be better off to go with Jimmy Butler's Aerial Sign. Jimmy's a good guy - smart, looks after his pilots and his modified J-3's are amazing.
GV

What makes you say that? If it is personal preference, say so, but don't imply anything. Why not advise him (the original poster) " You'd be better off going to Delta. The planes are bigger and the pay is better."

I flew at Aerial Banners and Bob is squared away. Eccentric, but squared away. I personally observed his maintenance and it is TOP NOTCH. So, to all the nay-sayers who are ready to jump on ANY operator of ANY sort when someone inquires, make sure you can back it up. Lest you sound like a putz.

keeping it real

What makes you say that? If it is personal preference, say so, but don't imply anything. Why not advise him (the original poster) " You'd be better off going to Delta. The planes are bigger and the pay is better."

you need to relax..........all the guy was saying what his preference was. (he didn't even slam you!!)

I happen to agree with him. Jim Butler is a good guy and has always taken care of his guys. I don't know of any other operators that offer what his company does. I am sure that you don't top out at $30.00 an hour over at Bob's. I worked at Aerial Sign for almost four years and had the opportunity to fly all over the country and log many hours. Flying the Cubs from Florida to Jersey and back a couple of times a year was fun.

Illini Pilot, you would be better off going to Aerial Sign in HWO. They have more a/c, better pay and if you are looking for flight time, you will probably log more over there.

plus would you want to fly with cornbread? sounds like a jerk....

but that is my PREFERENCE......

good luck!!!

Lear-

QUOTE]Originally posted by GVFlyer

GV
[/QUOTE]

The Cub's are pretty cool there's no getting around that! But I love the Pawnee's power 250HP IO540! They are both cool airplanes and good tow planes. The Cub is a little slower when you are chugging down the beach. The pay maybe better over at Aerial Sign but I don't know if he would hire with 300TT an 0 tailwheel. Bob will put you in the 172(unless Ruth is STILL there) and let you get the hang. Then you can get your taildragger sign off and jump in the Pawnee. I went up to Lantana to get the signoff, they have a nice little J3 up there.

Either company is not a bad choice. I personally recomend Bob at Aerial Banners. He is a good friend of mine. His maintenance is good. If I went back to banner towing I'd love to go back there.

I think this thread might have a touch of Aerial Banner vs. Aerial Sign syndrome:D

I will put in a good word for Aerial Sign, Butler's 180 horsepower J-3's are probably a heck of a lot more fun the any 250 horse pawnee, I can verify that a gutted out 180 HP J-3 is FUN on those Jersey to Florida ferry flights without a banner.

When I left the pay was $40. and hour at Aerial Sign, I believe there is plenty of validity in the statement about being better off at Aerial Sign.

I have been looking into banner towing and was wondering what kind of Total time Aerial sign was looking for? Also, how much tailwheel time do you have to have?

Latest resources

Back