• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aerial Banners Inc???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got hired with about 10 hours of tailwheel time and 370 hours total time, this was 6 years ago.
I'm not sure what they riquire today, call 954-989-2086, ask for Tim or Jr.
If they need pilots now would be a good time to get down there, if you wait any longer you're going to miss the season
When I was hired they started you out flying local stuff at 12 bucks an hour for the first 100 hours, than increased to 14 an hour for the local stuff, and on memorial day most of flew a cub up to Jersey and towed all summer, this started at 25 bucks an hour and increases with your time with the company. When you're up north they put you up in a hotel.

lear,

If I offended you, my apologies. Perhaps I was a little defensive. It seemed as though he was implying that Bob is not a good guy. I was just sticking up for him. I did not know that I sounded like a jerk defending a small operator.

Your comment however...

For the original poster, Aerial Banners is a good (albeit smaller)operator. Both offer different experiences.

snoopy_1 said:
180 horsepower J-3's are probably a heck of a lot more fun the any 250 horse pawnee, I can verify that a gutted out 180 HP J-3 is FUN on those Jersey to Florida ferry flights without a banner

My old roomate liked the HWO-NJ runs also. I have to defend my Pawnee though! It was always a good time nut to butt playing cat and mouse with you guys over Pro Player. In the Pawnee I had the power to control the pace and manuver as needed. And over the Glades at the end of the day sitting high in the saddle down in the weeds was blast! I'd go 1v1 against a 180 Cub any day of the week in one of Bob's Pawnee's :D

But seriously the Pawnee is a brute force kinda plane. It's heavier than the Cub and has a less efficient wing. The Aerial Sign Cubs have an awesome wing so they need less power to do the same work. With less power comes lower fuel bills and more profit. The Aerial Sign Cub's are a superior plane for towing from a finacial stand point. I think another upside to the Cub is you have a built in sunshade with the wing over you, the Pawnees' visiblity is superior but you will get a tan! I don't have any experiance in an Aerial Sign Cub but I do in the Pawnee and know that it is a BLAST to fly! Go team Pawnee!!

And oh yea you get X/C time flying for Bob. You start the day in HWO pick up at OPA fly a few banners gas at OPA. Fly a few more then land at HWO technically that's all X/C!

Easy there Snoop. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Cub its a great plane. My experiance is in a Pawnee and I like it. Kinda like I prefer my women fit with long legs and big cans. I have experiance on that type and enjoy them very much.

I guess we could settle this Texas style. Hook a chain to them and have a good old fashion tractor pull!!:D

Last edited:
Both these places sound like a great place to go but I was wondering about how many hours a month did you guy's average? Also what months does the "season" run through?

Latest resources

Back