Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AAflyer

Hello,

What is the latest on hiring at eagle? Was also wondering if recommendations help or hurt? I fly for AA, however I flew for Simmons.

At the time Claudette Carol was running the show, any changes. Thanks for your help. I have a friend with 1480 TT and 400 multi (recip) current flight instructor.

Thanks AA

Hiring about 15/mo for attrition only. I can't imagine a rec from a current Eagle pilot would hurt, no idea from a former Eagle pilot. Claudette is still in charge and applications are handled online only (airlineapps.com IIRC). Those times sound very competitive nowadays.

They are hiring about 2 dozen pilots per month. Back when I submitted (September) it took me a little over a month to hear back. You'll receive an e-mail with a phone number to call to schedule an interview. You actually won't talk with Claudette until your HR interview in DFW. When you call to schedule your interview you'll speak with either Karen Floyd or Janie Lynn. I would definately include a letter of rec!

Last class was 7 and I haven't heard of more than 10 in a class in the last few months. 2 classes per month = 15 to 20 pilots. Did you just hear 2 dozen or are we really hiring that many? Just curious, I know I'm splitting hairs.

was hired in july and they told us they were trying to hire 50 per month....don't know if that was koolaid or not, but that was the word. we had about 12 in my class and they were running classes every other week....

Thanks Guys,

So should I include a letter of rec from me? Would that hurt him being on the other side of the fence at AMR? I have flown with him and he is a very sharp pilot, and excellent instructor.

AA

What bases are they hiring for?? Are they doing any Dallas hiring either in the saab or the RJ?

Flybet3 said:
What bases are they hiring for?? Are they doing any Dallas hiring either in the saab or the RJ?

January 11th class:

4 ORD EMJ
2 DFW SF3
1 SJU ATR

= 7 total.

Oldest guy in class gets first pick, then next oldest gets his pick (assuming the guy above didn't pick his initial choice), etc. etc.

The actual "order" these equipment were picked:

EMJ ORD
EMJ ORD
EMJ ORD
DFW SAAB
EMJ ORD
SJU ATR
DFW SAAB

You won't know for sure what equipment/base you get until the first day you start.

upgrade

I've heard that there are 6.5 year fo there that have never even had the chance to upgrade yet. They are not growing, just filling attrition. The only way to upgrade is when people leave, retire (45 will in 06), or when aa recalls. There was a thread a couple days ago that said ae management had heard aa MAY recall in the 4th quarter of 06 and ae would have vacancy bids out for that, but with very senior fo's it could be a while.

Latest resources

Back