• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AE Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't you call recruitment, explain that you're with AMR and a former Eagle pilot (I assume your legacy is good otherwise forget it) and ask whether your LOR would be of any help, then send it if it is warranted?

You will not upgrade in the next 5 years at Eagle, more likely the next 10. Zero airplanes on order and we've all seen recently where the excess 50 seat jets are headed. Add in some Saabs that are already held past their expected retirement date and you have only attrition to cover a shrinking fleet. Not a pretty picture here unfortunately.

Very few into DFW Saabs, no jet vacancies here (DFW) for months now, but we're constantly out of RSVs so something will have to give before too long IMO.

boy, what a loaded question. Yeah, we have a contract. haha

Way back when (well before I started at AE), I guess that it seemed to be a good idea to sign a 16 year contract. Not the best contract, but certainly not the worst out there...

ballsdeep123 said:
does AE have a contract?

I think he may have meant a training contract? No, AE does not have a training contract but they sure have a doosey of Collective Bargaining Agreement if you would like to call it that! :D

Well there were 15 in my class in Dec, 7 in the recent class, and supposedly 14 in the next class. The recruiters are telling the interviewees that AE is planning on hiring 300-400 pilots in 2006. Upgrade time is 5-6 years in turboprop, 8-9 years in the jet. Upgrades will start moving when AA starts recalling (someday). Don't come here lookin for a fast upgrade. If you want to work for a professional company that has a decent pilot contract (despite what some think), then go for the interview.

When I interviewed, I just handed Claudette 3 letters of recommendation in our one-on-one HR portion of the interview. She seemed happy to accept them.
Hope this helps.

tk855 said:
I think he may have meant a training contract? No, AE does not have a training contract but they sure have a doosey of Collective Bargaining Agreement if you would like to call it that! :D

Ah, I get it...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back