• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Advice?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't feel too bad about hanging out in the pool, but send out other apps anyway. RAH isn't the end-all, be-all of the regional world by any stretch of the imagination. You'll probably be wading in the pool until the end of summer at least, so why not go out and get some practice interviews under your belt? I'd guess you're looking for the Columbus base, which should stay pretty junior after the DEN displacement. Of course even with our recent bumps, it's tough to tell which (if any) regional would be a better bet with things the way they are now.

pdub20s - you haven't seen any of the threads on this board about us losing the Frontier contract? We've got 12 orphan planes with random animals on the tails. The froggy will be sorely missed.

Last edited:
Do not ever put all your eggs in one basket. Flood the market with your resume as you just might find something you like better.
I have gone on numerous interviews for companies I never intended working at. Sometimes I took the interview seriously other times I did not. Even once took an interview for a free ski trip.

Get a Bizness dugree an work fo a Gasoline Kompany...... They is making dolla dolla bling... ya'll
Bouyyyyyyyyyyy.......
Omg, I love this guy. He always cracks me up. Too damn funny!!!

Do not ever put all your eggs in one basket. Flood the market with your resume as you just might find something you like better.
I have gone on numerous interviews for companies I never intended working at. Sometimes I took the interview seriously other times I did not. Even once took an interview for a free ski trip.

My thoughts exactly...minus the free ski trip.

The airlines aren't what they used to be, you way find something else that you might like better in the charter, fractional, cargo, or corporate worlds. Dig around there is more than just one career to choose from.

My thoughts exactly...minus the free ski trip.

All I can say is Thanks to United for the ski trip. Thanks to Piedmont for a free weekend at the shore! Thanks to PSA for the free trip, well actually that one sucked! LOL
If you really want an experience head off and do some single pilot Part 135 cargo! I did that for 4 years and learned a whole lot. I have never prayed that much in my life before and I lost count how many times I was threaten with being fired or almost bought the big one.

If Republic is your first choice stay put, if others are above it keep the resumes flowing.

Ok, looking for some advice. I just got hired into the Republic pool yesterday, but in light of what happened yesterday it looks like I could be in there for a while. Should I wait it out or start applying other places? Any suggestions???
I wouldn't put apps out until you have 135 mins.

If you get furloughed and you're under 135 mins...your job options shrink considerably, especially if the other regionals aren't hiring

Latest resources

Back