• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Advice Please: Airtran, or Cathay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ever hear of fair employment laws? Do you think they have them in Hong Kong? What if China decides to take them over someday? Honestly, all I hear about Cathay are bad things, especially the way they treat their expat pilots. I would stick with a US based company. Good luck.

A recruitment ban means you are a SCAB.

That's the end of discussion.

A SCAB will always be willing to tell you his sob story, he'll rationalize everything over and over.

A SCAB is a SCAB for life.

And no matter what anyone tells you, you will be known, you will be on the list, and a SCAB is never forgotten.

Boeingman said:

Like at CAL?

Isn't a good number of scabs at CAL retiring or retired already? Readmitting them into ALPA was wrong, but I'm glad that they are not holding the rest of CAL pilots hostage. For those that remain, there's a scablist and they're on the list regardless of whether they're readmitted or not...

Freight Dog said:

Isn't a good number of scabs at CAL retiring or retired already? Readmitting them into ALPA was wrong, but I'm glad that they are not holding the rest of CAL pilots hostage. For those that remain, there's a scablist and they're on the list regardless of whether they're readmitted or not...

Nope, about 1000 left.

Hostage? Fact is, we are all pulling to get a decent contract. Things are not as divisive as they would seem.

I doubt if anyone of them care about being on the "list".

Freight Dog said:
For your sakes, let's just hope that if it comes down to walking, they don't sell out.

Good point. But how does a group that people want to ostracize and attack, deny jumpseats etc. etc. are then expected to toe the line when it comes to the 11th hour? Not going to happen.
That is why I am always talking about educating these people at CAL and for the most part, I believe we have a lot of good solid support within those ranks. I scoff at the arrogance some display on this board sitting at other carriers that do not have the dynamics we do at CAL.

No excuses here, and none are intended but that has been my point all along. The war is over at CAL. I am more concerned about others on property than those who crossed in 83 through 85.

I am also very worried about the many others on the outside who are extremely angry at ALPA , not to mention the thousands of furloughed pilots walking around. It doesn't take many to break a strike if management decides to go that route.

It is sheer foolishness to think that no furloughed ALPA members will cross a picket line. I was niave enough to belive that in 83 as hundreds of former ALPA members ran across our line.

Latest resources

Back