Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Adios to the A319/320 at UAL over long term?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah but UCAL doesnt have the PFDS and MFDS. 6 hours in this airplane sucks. Airbus beats it anyday for comfort. Thanks Jeff, another colossal F UP. SHouldve split the order.

That can be fixed with the flip of a switch in the E&E compartment. We are arguing over money with Boeing right now. I'm not sure how that would make the aircraft more comfortable anyway.... I'd take the airbus over the 737 left seat if I had to make that choice.

Hey man, my airline only has 73's and I have no problem saying the cockpit pretty well sucks-
Just a lot more to a "work environment" than the flight deck IMO-
But the point is taken-

the only aircraft you can stall and never know it. No thanks.

Only someone ignorant would say that.....United stalled a 737 on final into Midway....maybe they "didn't know it" either....and I've done the Boeing and Airbus thing...you definitely know when you are stalling an Airbus....

I will always defend the Airbus because those that criticize it usually have never flown it, but in this case I am pretty sure his comment is about the Air France disaster. But I believe the reality is that training is what failed in that case. That FO was convinced that holding full aft stick would save the day. I assume he would have held the same disasterous misconception in any aircraft.

The bus.................the only aircraft you can stall and never know it. No thanks.

You'd fit in nicely at Air France.

Would the voice yelling "Stall ! Stall ! Stall !" not be enough to alert you to the fact that the jet had in fact .... Stalled ?

I will always defend the Airbus because those that criticize it usually have never flown it, but in this case I am pretty sure his comment is about the Air France disaster. But I believe the reality is that training is what failed in that case. That FO was convinced that holding full aft stick would save the day. I assume he would have held the same disasterous misconception in any aircraft.

"You can stall and not know it"

"his comment is about the Air France disaster"

I stopped counting the synthetic voice "STALL!" on that CVR after 30 times. What was the actual number of "STALL" aurals? 75 total I think?

Yep, and yet he just kept holding it in the stall all the way down.
My opinion, inadequate training on recognizing the degraded state of the airplane and that reverting to the basics of stick and rudder was needed.

Last edited:
Yep, and yet he just kept holding it in the stall all the way down.
My opinion, inadequate training on recognizing the degraded state of the airplane and that reverting to the basics of stick and rudder was needed.
No doubt, no stick and rudder skills will kill you no matter who the manufacturer is.

the only aircraft you can stall and never know it. No thanks.

Only someone ignorant would say that.....United stalled a 737 on final into Midway....maybe they "didn't know it" either....and I've done the Boeing and Airbus thing...you definitely know when you are stalling an Airbus....

Whatever ya gotta tell yourself.........

Latest resources

Back