Add 'pilot' to list of jobs that aren't so great now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys are FOS.

My job at the regionals has improved in every measure in the last ten years.

Now as far as the overall career prospect at the majors? Well yes, that is in the crapper.

But starting pay and QOL at the bottom has definitely improved at the regional level when compared to the loss of pay and QOL at the majors over the same period.

As far as blame; who cares. It is what it is.

It has? Compare that so called raise in pay to the rate of inflation. My guess is that the pay has actually remained stagnant. Pilots don't seem to comprehend the process of inflation and the value of a dollar.

It has? Compare that so called raise in pay to the rate of inflation. My guess is that the pay has actually remained stagnant. Pilots don't seem to comprehend the process of inflation and the value of a dollar.

I have noticed this as well. It is rampant. And I thought pilots were supposed to be smart.

This guy is so screwed. Everyone knows that you don't talk to the media, and you don't EVER give your name. I hope he likes it at JB, because he's stuck there for ever! He's ruined any chance to move down to a legacy carrier!

Why would he be crazy enough to leave JetBlue for a legacy carrier? Save for Delta/Northwest, Jetblue pilots are the highest paid Airbus 320 pilots in America. And they don't lose 1.95% of their pay to show for nothing, either. ZING!

Why would he be crazy enough to leave JetBlue for a legacy carrier? Save for Delta/Northwest, Jetblue pilots are the highest paid Airbus 320 pilots in America. And they don't lose 1.95% of their pay to show for nothing, either. ZING!

Not when total compensation and benefits is considered...

It was part of my sarcastic humor, I was referring back to all the comments about the SKW FO thread. Where people were saying he's screwed if he plans to move UP to the majors, because he spoke to the media and left his name.
That's why I said "move DOWN to a legacy". har har har.

Not when total compensation and benefits is considered...

really? Let me guess, you're referring to the ALPA total compensation and benefits? Otherwise, JB blows the doors off any legacy carrier.
How ironic is it, that JB is full of furloughed USAir, UAL and other former ALPA pilots. And ALPA didn't get the vote. Wow, maybe because they've "been there, done that, got the magazine subscription"?

really? Let me guess, you're referring to the ALPA total compensation and benefits? Otherwise, JB blows the doors off any legacy carrier.
How ironic is it, that JB is full of furloughed USAir, UAL and other former ALPA pilots. And ALPA didn't get the vote. Wow, maybe because they've "been there, done that, got the magazine subscription"?

Let's face it, the fear of ALPA is the reason they got that raise. And the management probably had a little cash now that they've been successfully profitable for almost a decade.............

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back