• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Press ReleaseSource: Mokulele Airlines

Mokulele Airlines to Expand Network with Inter-Island Jet Service
Wednesday October 15, 6:55 pm ET

HONOLULU--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mokulele Airlines announced today that beginning November 19, 2008 the airline will offer 70-seat Embraer 170 jet service between Honolulu, Kona and Lihu‘e. The service is made possible through a new airline service agreement the company executed with Indianapolis-based Republic Airways.

The airline service agreement provides for Republic Airways’ subsidiary, Shuttle America, to operate up to four Embraer 170 jets configured with six first-class and 64 coach seats. “I’m very excited about this partnership with Republic Airways, an industry leader whose award-winning service is trusted by six network airlines,” said Mokulele Airlines CEO Bill Boyer. “Passengers will love the spacious cabin and comfortable seating of the E170. Republic Airways is widely known throughout the airline industry as a quality operator that delivers safe, reliable and passenger-friendly service. I am extremely confident that the people of Hawai‘i will appreciate the expanded network choices and quality service this agreement makes possible.” [SIZE=-1]Pictured is a 70-seat Embraer 170 in the Mokulele Airlines livery. The aircraft offers passenger friendly seating in both economy and first class. [/SIZE]

“We welcome this agreement between Republic Airways and Mokulele Airlines,” said Governor Linda Lingle. “This is very good news for the economy while providing the people of Hawai‘i an additional choice in inter-island service. This agreement also means new job opportunities, and that is very welcome news for our residents.”

The new partnership opens up job opportunities for displaced aviation industry professionals who lost their jobs when several airlines shut down operations on the islands earlier this year. “We encourage former Aloha Airlines and ATA employees to apply for jobs with Mokulele,” Boyer added.

Senator Daniel Inouye was quick to send his congratulations to both parties. “Expansion of inter-island travel will help to stimulate the economy in many ways. It’s good news for small business, for families and for job creation,” said Inouye.
The Embraer 170 features 6’7” ceilings, wider seats and aisles, and a layout that ensures that every seat is either a window or an aisle. The plane’s larger windows offer a better view to passengers, and its increased overhead storage capacity means that more people will enjoy the convenience of simply walking on and walking off with a carry-on bag. All Mokulele Airlines Embraer 170 flights will board and deplane from jet bridges.

“This is great news for our local economy and the airline industry nationally. Thanks to Mokulele Airlines and its partner, Republic Airways, more people will be employed and we’ll have increased air service to the neighbor islands,” said Mayor of Honolulu Mufi Hannemann.

Mokulele Airlines is a locally owned and operated inter-island commuter airline based in Kailua-Kona, Hawai‘i. Founded in 1998 as Mokulele Flight Service Inc., it was acquired by current President and CEO, Bill Boyer, in 2005. Today, the airline operates scheduled U.S. carrier service both independently and through participation in a code-share agreement. It also offers tour flights as well as inter-island cargo service. Mokulele Airlines currently has a fleet of seven 208B Cessna Grand Caravans and operates 56 daily departures to seven cities in Hawai‘i. Republic Airways Holdings Inc. owns Chautauqua Airlines, Republic Airways, and Shuttle America, employs 4,400 aviation professionals and operates 233 regional jets. The firm currently flies under partner brands such as AmericanConnection, Continental Express, Delta Connection, Midwest Connect, United Express and US Airways Express. In total, Republic services approximately 1,200 flights daily to 99 cities in 34 states, Canada, Mexico and Jamaica. Republic Airways was the winner of Air Transport World’s 2008 Regional Airline of the Year Award. Republic is also the world’s largest operator of the Embraer E-jet family of aircraft, and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol RJET.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I wonder if they will have a flow-up to "mainline."

“We encourage former Aloha Airlines and ATA employees to apply for jobs with Mokulele,” Boyer added.

yeah I bet you do because no SA employees (except possibly a CA but he will spend a large part of his check) can afford to live in HI. They will need to get islanders for the FO and FA positions.

“We encourage former Aloha Airlines and ATA employees to apply for jobs with Mokulele,” Boyer added.

Comments like that sicken the hell out of me. It's absolutely ignorant and is just blowing wind up the uninformed's skirt.

The dude that's part responsible for bringing in the low wage competition that ran aloha and ATA into the ground then invites them to join the low wage environment.

I just wish reverend Bedford wasn't so hard up to find work for those extra 170s that he was joining the likes of go! in giving predatory LCC competition to Hawaiin

Comments like that sicken the hell out of me. It's absolutely ignorant and is just blowing wind up the uninformed's skirt.

The dude that's part responsible for bringing in the low wage competition that ran aloha and ATA into the ground then invites them to join the low wage environment.

I just wish reverend Bedford wasn't so hard up to find work for those extra 170s that he was joining the likes of go! in giving predatory LCC competition to Hawaiin

On the news last night he said other income sources will cover the ever lasting air fare war low ticket prices. He says the inflight mag. will make money for him. Boy, that sounds like JO three years ago. I think someone pi$$ed in his poi, brada........

http://kgmb9.com/howard/

Last edited:

yeah I bet you do because no SA employees (except possibly a CA but he will spend a large part of his check) can afford to live in HI. They will need to get islanders for the FO and FA positions.

Republic isn't hiring (150+ furloughed). A pilot position with Mokulele would be flying a Caravan. FA positions are available though.

How many would commute?

Republic isn't hiring (150+ furloughed). A pilot position with Mokulele would be flying a Caravan. FA positions are available though.

How many of the 150 are really going to take a job to commute to the islands? If it's run like the normal interisland ops, there won't be any hotels, just back to base each night which makes it expensive unless you live local. I bet they have to hire, maybe they can get some of the Go pilots once that operation finally ceases.
Also, Mokulele won't fly the 170, that is a regional job for RAH pilots, the mainline pilots will stay on the Caravan for Mokulele.

A question for any SA people here. Do you guys share a seniority list with CHQ? Do you guys move between SA, CHQ, and Republic? I'm just asking because I flew for CHQ about a decade ago, and I think all the rest of the guys in my class are still there. I'm just wondering if any of them may be coming out to Hawaii. Thanks for your response.

HAL

A question for any SA people here. Do you guys share a seniority list with CHQ? Do you guys move between SA, CHQ, and Republic? I'm just asking because I flew for CHQ about a decade ago, and I think all the rest of the guys in my class are still there. I'm just wondering if any of them may be coming out to Hawaii. Thanks for your response.

HAL

Yeah, it's all one list. There may have been one guy with that kind of seniority that took the big swim.

Latest resources

Back