Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

texman

Engine Graffiti artist apprehended in GSP
SPARTANBURG, SC- A months long mystery regarding strange sword-like images being painted on the engine tail cone sections of some Southwest Airlines aircraft has been solved with a rather bizarre twist. Actor Christopher Walken was recently apprehended as the graffiti artist after admitting he painted the images while working as a baggage handler in Greenville-Spartanburg Airport in South Carolina. Walken was hired in March of 2011 under an assumed identity using the name Roger Cornelius. The images started showing up on engine sections shortly after Walken was hired. Southwest Airlines’ station manager at the airport, Sylvia Newton, when interviewed for the story said, “I knew he looked familiar. But his credentials and references were solid. He was clearly Southwest material and we hired him on the spot.” She added, “He had an odd way of talking, but we just figured that was his yankee accent.”
Walken was caught in the baggage handlers’ break room near the Southwest Airlines operation at the airport. He apparently attacked a co-worker who was mocking him. Southwest Airlines baggage handler Nate Jensen said, “I was talking with Eddie Royce (another Southwest baggage handler) who does great imitations. I mean, you should hear Eddie do Andrew Dice Clay. He kills it!” Jensen continued, “ He started imitating Roger in the break room. ‘Where …….should I put……. these bags?’ You know, with big pauses in between words.” Jensen said, “It was hilarious. Then out of nowhere Roger (Walken) just flies into Eddie and tackles him. He was major pissed.” Jensen said, “It was then that I realized Christopher Walken was my coworker for the last several months. Amazing.” He added, “I’m so gonna post this as my facebook status (knowing Christopher Walken) for like the next hundred years.”
Word of the incident reached the supervisors very quickly and Walken spoke with Southwest Airlines ramp supervisor Doug Adamson. Adamson said, “He just wanted a job again after his acting career had floundered after such disasters as “Click” and “Envy” and thought he could be a great baggage handler.” Adamson continued, “He told us he was trying to resurrect interest in his career by painting sword like images on the tail cones of airplane engines.” When asked why the sword image, Walken mentioned the Saturday Night Live skit where he played a Civil War Confederate officer humorously named ‘Colonel Angus’ who wore a hat that had swords on it. The female cast members would speak fondly of ‘Colonel Angus’ and when his name was mentioned quickly, and in a Southern accent, it would sound very much like an oral sexual act. It was a very funny sketch according to Walken, and loaded with hilarious double entendres regarding ‘going south’ and ‘not minding the humidity.’

0clip_image002.png

Christopher Walken as Colonel Angus

Some pilots were worried that the sword images were of a religious or gang related nature. Southwest Airlines pilot manager Chuck Magill said, “We put out the word to our pilots about this, because they are some of the most paranoid people on the planet. They believe basically anything they read on the internet as long as it conforms to their beliefs,” he said, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. He continued, “The super paranoid crazies are armed to the teeth and wouldn’t hesitate to go all pulp fiction on my ass if I didn’t respond with something,” he added, using his thumb and index finger in a mock handgun shape. “So, we thought we’d act all like, ‘Oh my freakin’ god- have you seen this s__ t on our planes; tell us and take pictures and write reports.’ You know, to make sure we look like we’re taking it seriously.” He continued, “I mean, we knew it would end up being something benign, but Christopher Walken? Not in a million years. Not in a million f___ing years.”
When Walken was told of one particularly paranoid pilot’s remarks about the sword images being ‘…the sword of Allah,’ Walken laughingly dismissed, “More like the sword of AWESOME!”
At a press conference, Southwest Airlines mechanic spokesman Ralf Schlotzsy said, “It has been troublesome removing the Colonel Angus sword stains. We have, however, gotten promising results using a diluted mixture of vinegar and water. Some mechanics complained of the process, mainly of the vapors involved, but have pressed on heroically. I told them what my dad, a German immigrant and former Pan Am mechanic told me when I was young. He said, ‘Son, if you first take real good care of the airplane, she will turn around and take real good care of you.’” The press conference ended when, after an embarrassingly long pause, a puzzled reporter asked, “Are we still talking about airplanes?”

At a press conference, Southwest Airlines mechanic spokesman Ralf Schlotzsy said, “It has been troublesome removing the Colonel Angus sword stains. We have, however, gotten promising results using a diluted mixture of vinegar and water.

Hmmm, curious, there was no mention of the cowbell . . . . . Gotta have more cowbell.

http://youtu.be/q4royOLtvmQ

"You're talking to my man all wrong.....it's....thewrong tone....do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron"

Thanks, Andy, but that's not me, nor my name.

I do have a friend who was a staff writer on SNL during the Jimmy Fallon/Tina Fey "Weekend Update" years, though. :D

I was referring to Texman. It's an Onion-style 'news' report. Note the

Engine Graffiti artist apprehended in GSP
SPARTANBURG, SC- A months long mystery regarding strange sword-like images being painted on the engine tail cone sections of some Southwest Airlines aircraft has been solved with a rather bizarre twist. Actor Christopher Walken was recently apprehended as the graffiti artist after admitting he painted the images while working as a baggage handler in Greenville-Spartanburg Airport in South Carolina. Walken was hired in March of 2011 under an assumed identity using the name Roger Cornelius. The images started showing up on engine sections shortly after Walken was hired. Southwest Airlines’ station manager at the airport, Sylvia Newton, when interviewed for the story said, “I knew he looked familiar. But his credentials and references were solid. He was clearly Southwest material and we hired him on the spot.” She added, “He had an odd way of talking, but we just figured that was his yankee accent.”
Walken was caught in the baggage handlers’ break room near the Southwest Airlines operation at the airport. He apparently attacked a co-worker who was mocking him. Southwest Airlines baggage handler Nate Jensen said, “I was talking with Eddie Royce (another Southwest baggage handler) who does great imitations. I mean, you should hear Eddie do Andrew Dice Clay. He kills it!” Jensen continued, “ He started imitating Roger in the break room. ‘Where …….should I put……. these bags?’ You know, with big pauses in between words.” Jensen said, “It was hilarious. Then out of nowhere Roger (Walken) just flies into Eddie and tackles him. He was major pissed.” Jensen said, “It was then that I realized Christopher Walken was my coworker for the last several months. Amazing.” He added, “I’m so gonna post this as my facebook status (knowing Christopher Walken) for like the next hundred years.”
Word of the incident reached the supervisors very quickly and Walken spoke with Southwest Airlines ramp supervisor Doug Adamson. Adamson said, “He just wanted a job again after his acting career had floundered after such disasters as “Click” and “Envy” and thought he could be a great baggage handler.” Adamson continued, “He told us he was trying to resurrect interest in his career by painting sword like images on the tail cones of airplane engines.” When asked why the sword image, Walken mentioned the Saturday Night Live skit where he played a Civil War Confederate officer humorously named ‘Colonel Angus’ who wore a hat that had swords on it. The female cast members would speak fondly of ‘Colonel Angus’ and when his name was mentioned quickly, and in a Southern accent, it would sound very much like an oral sexual act. It was a very funny sketch according to Walken, and loaded with hilarious double entendres regarding ‘going south’ and ‘not minding the humidity.’

0clip_image002.png

Christopher Walken as Colonel Angus

Some pilots were worried that the sword images were of a religious or gang related nature. Southwest Airlines pilot manager Chuck Magill said, “We put out the word to our pilots about this, because they are some of the most paranoid people on the planet. They believe basically anything they read on the internet as long as it conforms to their beliefs,” he said, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. He continued, “The super paranoid crazies are armed to the teeth and wouldn’t hesitate to go all pulp fiction on my ass if I didn’t respond with something,” he added, using his thumb and index finger in a mock handgun shape. “So, we thought we’d act all like, ‘Oh my freakin’ god- have you seen this s__ t on our planes; tell us and take pictures and write reports.’ You know, to make sure we look like we’re taking it seriously.” He continued, “I mean, we knew it would end up being something benign, but Christopher Walken? Not in a million years. Not in a million f___ing years.”
When Walken was told of one particularly paranoid pilot’s remarks about the sword images being ‘…the sword of Allah,’ Walken laughingly dismissed, “More like the sword of AWESOME!”
At a press conference, Southwest Airlines mechanic spokesman Ralf Schlotzsy said, “It has been troublesome removing the Colonel Angus sword stains. We have, however, gotten promising results using a diluted mixture of vinegar and water. Some mechanics complained of the process, mainly of the vapors involved, but have pressed on heroically. I told them what my dad, a German immigrant and former Pan Am mechanic told me when I was young. He said, ‘Son, if you first take real good care of the airplane, she will turn around and take real good care of you.’” The press conference ended when, after an embarrassingly long pause, a puzzled reporter asked, “Are we still talking about airplanes?”

Oh, snap!! those pesky URL tracers... so if you out yourself, it's OK right?

Guy's that is not me. It was sent via email and must have been copied. I actually go another email from my buddy at Delta that was the same with another picture. I don't not who that is. But never the less we are glade this is over.

Latest resources

Back